• Docker Service can not set appdata to unassigned drive/non-share folder

Johnoldiges
    • Minor

Before the most recent updates I was able to set my docker container appdata folder to an unassigned and non share drive such as "/mnt/disks/docker storage/appdata" now after updating docker services fails to start with the appdata directory field in red. If i click on the field the drop down no longer lists disks only shares. the docker img. folder still allows to select unassigned disks. i believe this to be a bug. please restore the ability to set docker appdata folder to unassigned/ non share drive. This breaks my configuration and i am having to copy all appdata to a new share I have made.

1.PNG

2.PNG

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

You can type anything into that field.  You don't need to use the drop down to select.

Personally, I'm undecided whether to allow UD disks to be used there (anywhere).  The existence of multiple cache pools has pretty much eliminated the need for UD disks mounted permanently 

• Like 2

I have been using a ZFS pool for VM and Docker storage previously. Post-update, all docker containers and VMs are no longer detected, even with the path explicitly written in. The ZFS pool is alive and well so I am not sure what is wrong at this point... I can attach some more information if required

5 minutes ago, meh301 said:

I have been using a ZFS pool for VM and Docker storage previously. Post-update, all docker containers and VMs are no longer detected, even with the path explicitly written in. The ZFS pool is alive and well so I am not sure what is wrong at this point... I can attach some more information if required

Best to open up a new thread in general support and attach your diagnostics.