• Docker Service Settings can't find paths

dalben
    • Minor

A strange one I think.

If I stop the docker service (in an attempt to enable "Host access to custom networks:"), when I hit Apply, the two paths come up as red (not valid).  If I try and re-enter the paths there it can't find cache.  In this state the only way to get the docker service running again is stopping the array, editing docker.cfg, setting DOCKER_ENABLED to yes and restarting the array. 

Any ideas on who to resolve this?  Also, any tips on how to enable host access to custom networks direct from the docker.cfg file?

Some screen shots.

All running:

DK1.thumb.PNG.7c3ff64569c08068fd87902d86bfbdf3.PNG

Service Stopped:

DK2.thumb.PNG.1c56ebd60c17fafea35f5e36b84d404b.PNG

Hitting Apply after changing a setting, or even just enabling again:

DK3.thumb.PNG.fdccf7ab1358a9827707fe53a136ae7d.PNG

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

@dalben Check how the shares for "appdata" and "system" are configured. I bet they don't exist on your cache device. Adjust your paths like the following:

grafik.png.e28416ce67216a9af9c3edca1eb52bae.png

• Thanks 1

Version 6.8 is more strict on user input and marks anything invalid rather then starting the service.

A vDisk location must point to an image file and not a folder. This means a file with the .img extension.

A storage location must point to a folder. This means the path must end with a slash

See the examples given by @bastl

Not a bug.

Edited by bonienl
    34 minutes ago, bastl said:

@dalben Check how the shares for "appdata" and "system" are configured. I bet they don't exist on your cache device. Adjust your paths like the following:

grafik.png.e28416ce67216a9af9c3edca1eb52bae.png

Thanks.  Adding the slash and the extension got it working again.

26 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Version 6.8 is more strict on user input and marks anything invalid rather then starting the service.

A vDisk location must point to an image file and not a folder. This means a file with the .img extension.

A storage location must point to a folder. This means the path must end with a slash

See the examples given by @bastl

Not a bug.

Technically not a bug no.  But when something changes like this that requires users to modify what they've been doing for years, maybe updating the help banner on that setting to reflect the change, or give an example, might be good practice.

Not 100% sure, but I guess the docker image pather always included the *.img extension. I started with unraid over 2 years ago and never changed anything in my docker config and never had to by any Unraid update.

It was made more strict because too many users did it wrong.

E.g. they pointed to a folder instead of a file for the image, and consequently the service wouldn't start

I'll have a look at the help text. 

2 minutes ago, bastl said:

Not 100% sure, but I guess the docker image pather always included the *.img extension. I started with unraid over 2 years ago and never changed anything in my docker config and never had to by any Unraid update.

If you accepted the defaults and never changed them, it works all correctly in any Unraid version.