• Dockers wanting to update, but don't in the end?

urbanracer34
    • Minor

So I appear to be having a problem with dockers, Specifically Linuxserver ones, but they said to me it is an unRAID issue and it is "not just us." I chatted with someone from Linuxserver in private and they said it is an issue with "Update all containers."

The dockers will say there is an update ready, but when updated, it does not do anything.

Tried manually updating a docker, same result. 

gibson-diagnostics-20190829-1841.zip

• Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

33 minutes ago, Bumblebus said:

Seems like some containers require the 'list' keyword to get the right info and other containers don't.

I believe I only have LSIO images so never noticed this. Ugh.. this could make the fix messy.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Bumblebus said:

The fix suggested by bluemonster appears to invert the selection of which dockers always show update ready. For instance, prior to the edit, on my system duckdns (LSIO) and pihole always showed update ready whereas binhex-delugevpn and PlexMediaServer (plexinc) showed up-to-date. After I made the edit, binhex-delugevpn and PlexMediaServer show update ready while the other two are up-to-date.

Seems like some containers require the 'list' keyword to get the right info and other containers don't.

What happens if you update those dockers? Does it do a 0kb update or is there actually an update to apply?

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Bumblebus said:

The fix suggested by bluemonster appears to invert the selection of which dockers always show update ready. For instance, prior to the edit, on my system duckdns (LSIO) and pihole always showed update ready whereas binhex-delugevpn and PlexMediaServer (plexinc) showed up-to-date. After I made the edit, binhex-delugevpn and PlexMediaServer show update ready while the other two are up-to-date.

I did run into this situation at first, but thought I had it worked out in the posted fix(the trick was supplying both mime-types in preference order). I use one of the containers you mentioned as having the issue post-patch, but don't see the behavior here.

Did you edit the file manually, or did you use the script @ljm42 posted? If you edited it manually, would you mind pasting the exact line after the edit? It's very possible a typo in the right spot could cause this.

• Like 1

Share this comment

2 hours ago, bluemonster said:

I did run into this situation at first, but thought I had it worked out in the posted fix(the trick was supplying both mime-types in preference order). I use one of the containers you mentioned as having the issue post-patch, but don't see the behavior here.

Did you edit the file manually, or did you use the script @ljm42 posted? If you edited it manually, would you mind pasting the exact line after the edit? It's very possible a typo in the right spot could cause this.

You are right! It was a manual edit and I did not put both options into the header, I only appended the text keyword into the existing header. My bad - my apologies if I threw anyone off!

I updated the header with both options and it works great! Thanks bluemonster for researching and finding the fix.

Share this comment

Today's update to CA Auto Update will automatically apply the fix for this issue on affected systems (Whether or not the plugin is even enabled).  You will though have to check for updates manually once to clear out the old update available status.

If you are running @ljm42's patch script, you can safely remove it, as the Auto Update will not install the patch once 6.8+ is released.

Edited by Squid
    • Like 3
    • Thanks 3

Share this comment

I seem to unfortunately have hit a snag. With trying to diagnose why my Docker wasn't updating, I've disabled and re-enabled Docker a few times and now I'm stuck whereby Docker won't install any new containers/won't addcontainer at all through CA either.

When trying to pull a new container it simply hangs with:

Pulling image: binhex/arch-plexpass:latest

Please wait ....

Any advice?

Share this comment

4 hours ago, hk21x said:

I seem to unfortunately have hit a snag. With trying to diagnose why my Docker wasn't updating, I've disabled and re-enabled Docker a few times and now I'm stuck whereby Docker won't install any new containers/won't addcontainer at all through CA either.

When trying to pull a new container it simply hangs with:

Pulling image: binhex/arch-plexpass:latest

Please wait ....

Any advice?

You should create a new thread and post your diagnostics

Share this comment

So hi there.

I had a lot of Docker Updates the couple of days with 0B at the end.

Mostly the same Dockers daily.

Am im right that this will be fixed with the latest "Fix Common Problems" Plugin?

0b.PNG

Edited by Toobie

Share this comment

6 minutes ago, Toobie said:

Am im right that this will be fixed with the latest "Fix Common Problems" Plugin?

CA Auto Update plugin, couple of posts up from yours

Share this comment

Thanks so much for the fix guys. This was driving my update OCD mad 😡😃

Share this comment