• Drive temperatures not showing

jerkke
    • Minor
    Message added by limetech

Please be aware that these comments were copied here from another source and that the date and time shown for each comment may not be accurate.

Hello, this is my very first unraid installation and loving it already! 

Everything is working as smooth as possible and my only minor issue is that the unraid UI does not show disk temperatures. It shows an asterisk * as temperature for every drive attached.

My unraid machine is HP DL380e G8 (with 14 LFF slots) server with P420 controller (RAID disabled) and I see every drive correctly in unraid. I also see the drive temperatures if I click any of the disks and scroll down to SMART attributes. Screenshot below:

image.thumb.png.2afa6441b662f460e0041f22647d61a7.png

I changed the SMART Controller type to HP cciss since with that I'am able to get all SMART information via smartctl.

Below is the screenshot of the SMART attributes:

image.thumb.png.1932d07071b3851864741a122cb655ad.png

and one more screenshot of the drive temperatures in the Main view:

image.thumb.png.195ad88b041fd8a8eebb874931208a94.png

I also attached the diagnostics.

I tried to google and search the forums but could not find anything that would help in my situation. Any help is much appreciated.

srv-unraid-diagnostics-20190127-1745.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Probably should mention that when the disks are active there are no temperatures shown as in the above the disks were inactive. 

image.thumb.png.be4637ca987557665d03ce5d74076b99.png

I have also changed the polling of attributes to: 60.

image.png.ae4cd46625ea30e8455a724604104dac.png

Same issue here. Smart data shows up in the disk's settings and even shows accurate temperature in the smart data but on the dashboard it still shows an asterisk (*). My polling rate is set to 90.

This is now closed for further comments

• Status Definitions

Open = Under consideration.

Solved = The issue has been resolved.

Solved version = The issue has been resolved in the indicated release version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion. Also for reports we cannot reproduce or need more information. In this case just add a comment and we will review it again.

Retest = Please retest in latest release.

Priority Definitions

Minor = Something not working correctly.

Urgent = Server crash, data loss, or other showstopper.

Annoyance = Doesn't affect functionality but should be fixed.

Other = Announcement or other non-issue.