• Flash dropped? Call stack included.

XtremeOwnage
    • Solved Minor

Had a random issue- Went to check my dashboard, and nothing was working properly. Tons of errors when trying to look at docker/vms/etc...

Under the array, noticed it was rather weird, my ssd had an impossible number of writes. 

wtf.thumb.PNG.bfc33b4fcf3812e7a1216452242b811d.PNG

SSH-d into the host, discovered /boot was not mounted.

So- I assumed my brand new flash drive somehow ended up corrupted.... So,  i copied a backup of my flash drive, and got ready to start the process of moving everything over.

After getting my local backup flash drive ready, I rebooted the host. Acts like nothing at all was wrong. Works fine now.

I do have the syslog configured to record to a Splunk instance, and I did attach the files, if they are of use to anybody... or can be used to identify a bug-fix for a future issue.

log_dump_3.txt

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

(Attempt #2 at making a proper reply)

16 days of uptime before this issue randomly occured.

If indeed there is an incompatibility issue with USB3.0, there should be a bug reported opened up for it.

For my particular issue, a work-around is not required, as rebooting the system cleaned up this random one-off error.

Sorry for not elaborating further, I was on mobile at the time.

Some hardware implementations of USB3 seem to drop connection. There is no benefit for USB3 speed in the case of Unraid Flash. The archives of the OS are unpacked fresh from flash at each boot into RAM, and the OS runs completely in RAM. Think of it as firmware except easier to work with. Flash also stores settings you make in webUI so they can be reapplied at boot.

Gotcha. 

Sorry for reporting you earlier as well, lol. It was not intentional. 

I will toss it into a 2.o port later. I did want to post and ensure it was a known issue.