• Global SMART settings not being honoured

k2e2ni
    • Annoyance

I have been having a similar problem as described in the link below. I believe mine started with 6.3.5, it was one of the stable versions before the change to the orange color scheme. It behaves the same in that it gives the same symptoms of not populating the details and displays "use smartctl -h for summary". The difference is my drives are directly connected to the motherboard SATA ports though.

My global SMART settings is set to automatic, and for each drive it was showing as use default which I assumed would be the setting under global SMART settings. However I don't think it is being honoured as SMART details will populate if I change it from "use default" to "automatic" for each drive. If I now change it back to "use default" it will continue to work. Before doing this UNRAID could see if the drive is spun up, the drive temperature and the reads and writes, but doesn't look like the SMART warnings were working as I got a bunch of notifications when it was renabled.

I have attached diagnostics in case this helps should this not be intended behaviour.

kerrigan-diagnostics-20190909-0408anon.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.