• gpu transcoding doesn't work in plex anymore for intel

static0shock
    • Closed

Hey everyone, I had an intel ir-10100 that was working perfectly for igpu transcoding set up then I decided to upgrade to the i5-11500 and I couldn't get the I5 to work with intel gpu top and I tried the modprobe i915 but even with that it wouldn't show those two items and kept saying doesn't exist then I finally gave up and when I went back to the I3 now I can see the two items (card0 renderD128) but now the I3 isn't using the GPU to transcode when I use Plex. I've made sure to add (--device=/dev/dri) in extra parameters and I've checked the use transcode in the plex app. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Would love to get either the i3 or i5 working properly. @Cpt. Chaz

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

hi @static0shock, this forum is for bug reporting, probably best to repost here in the general support forum where other users can also chime in with potential solutions. As for the gpu support on the 11th gen, you said you're not seeing the gpu at all with that one, right? as if maybe the intel_gpu_top plugin isn't working? if that's the case, best to head here to the support forum for that specific plugin. i inquired to the plugin author about it yesterday, so that should be a good jumping off point where he can help you troubleshoot that, you should see my post.

as for the i3 gpu, open up a console window into the plex container (not the unraid terminal) and type 

cd dev/

then post your output in the new post on the general forum. be sure to tag me there and we'll see if we can go from there.

• Thanks 1

no problem. there's a bit of a learning curve if you're new to unraid or linux in general. but i think you'll find it's well worth it and a fun learning experience. welcome to the forums!

• Thanks 1

@static0shock

Since you have inappropriately posted a bug report more than once now, I am going to give you some more general advice.

You can easily go directly to the correct support thread for any of your dockers by clicking on its icon in the webUI of your server and selecting Support. You can easily go directly to the correct support thread for any of your plugins by clicking its Support Thread link on the Plugins page of the webUI. You can also go directly to the support thread for any plugins or dockers by clicking on its Support (?) link in its listing on the Apps page.

For anything else, it is usually better to start your own thread in the appropriate subforum (General Support usually) with a clear description of your problem and your Diagnostics ZIP (Tools - Diagnostics in the webUI).

Finally, if you think you may actually have a bug to report, check to see if there is already a thread for it in the Bug Reports and post there.

Carefully consider these Report Guidelines before posting a new bug report:

• Thanks 1