• New Update OS Screen is Confusing

Jim Bortle
    • Closed

I just used the new update os screen and found it confusing. First, there is no update os button on the screen. only things to click on were next, view release notes. Thinking next was to go to the next screen, I click there first.  This took me to the prereleases. I would recommend changing this from next to dev release or prerelease or some similar nomenclature.

So next i clicked on the view release notes. That brings up the update button. I would not have expected it to work that way. It is annoying and a waste of clicks to do the upgrade if you do not need to read the release (this is the 3rd unraid server i was upgrading and had already read the release notes on the first server). I think how the old screen/plugins work with a button to get the release notes and a button to do the upgrade is much better.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Do you by chance have the "Dark Reader" plugin on your browser? I cannot replicate it now since my unraid isn't due for an update but I found the update button wasn't obvious or almost hidden with said plugin enabled.

no dark reader plugin.  I am using firefox. I am running no script. I just noticed that the update os screen has scripts from servers other then the local one, It is possible that blocked something. I did not think to check that when I did the update as everything else in unraid ui runs locally. Will check on next update.

I would suggest posting any feedback in the thread below, this is not really a bug and it may get missed here: