• NFS mounted drives become stale since updating to 6.9.0/6.9.1

Bentunit
    • Minor

I am using a separate box for Plex and Unraid for file storage.  I set this up a year ago using fstab on the Plex server and it worked flawless.  After updating to 6.9.0 then 6.9.1 the mounts become "stale" and the media unavailable.  After searching and trying different solutions I switched to autofs to see if that would alleviate the issue.  It didn't and I still have the same issue of the mounts becoming stale.

thor-diagnostics-20210321-0943.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

In Settings -> NFS you have the value of the fuse_remember tunable set to the default 330 seconds. Have you tried changing this? The GUI help for that page has some advice that might help. My other suggestion would be to turn off hard link support (if you don't need it) in Settings -> Global Share Settings, but I see you've already done that.

4 hours ago, John_M said:

In Settings -> NFS you have the value of the fuse_remember tunable set to the default 330 seconds. Have you tried changing this? The GUI help for that page has some advice that might help. My other suggestion would be to turn off hard link support (if you don't need it) in Settings -> Global Share Settings, but I see you've already done that.

I did try setting fuse_remember to 0 with the same results.  I was nervous to try -1 because I have a large number of file/directory to cache and only 16gb of RAM?  I can try the -1 and see....

Hard link support was turned off when I set this up a year ago.  When I upgraded to 6.9 and started to have the issue I went back to check my settings and hard link support was set to yes (upgrade reset this?).  I set to no, rebooted but the same issues persists.

Edited by Bentunit
    sp

I'm afraid I don't have anything else to suggest at this point. I use NFS between different Unraid servers and haven't seen the problem for a long time.