• No Logitech Wireless Support with latest update.

PilotReelMedia
    • Closed Minor

Originally posted and was told to remove because my problem was probably not a bug. I have tested two Logitech wireless keyboards and Keyboard and mouse combos and only my older Asus wireless keyboard seems to work now. It's a bug! My Logitech keyboard worked fine tel 6.8.1    Can this be fixed?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Please don't be confused. It appears that something in the update has boxed support for wireless logitech keyboards. Specifically the K800 and MK540 models. I use the K800 on all my machines and the only model I have been able to get passing through to the VM's is an old Asus wireless keyboard for a Eee pc. It has never been a problem before the update and since I have verified that the Logitech keyboards are working I don't think it's stretch that something in the update has caused a conflict with this hardware. I can interact with the machine but not through to VM's.

Wired keyboard works and I've ordered the wired version of the Logitech keyboard to replace. Would be more interested to find out if the new configuration can be modified to fix the problem. If that's of no interest to you guys then you've lost a little stock in my humble opinion. I love the community here and the shear utility of your product, but can't help feeling a bit let down by that comment coming from a Limetech rep..

Since a Logitech keyboard is just meant to present itself as if it were a USB keyboard then it is difficult to see what Unraid has done that could stop that working :(

FYI:  I have a K800 keyboard and have not encountered any problems with Unraid 6.8.1 so there is obviously something else at play.

• Like 1
    1 hour ago, PilotReelMedia said:

If that's of no interest to you guys then you've lost a little stock in my humble opinion. I love the community here and the shear utility of your product, but can't help feeling a bit let down by that comment coming from a Limetech rep..

That's a little unfair.  Individual USB assignment has always been problematic - on again/off again.  It stems from interaction between qemu/kvm, both of which we keep up with latest releases, both of which we have no control over.  I told you the most reliable method to get USB devices to work is to pass through the entire controller.  It's exactly what I do with the VM running win10 that I'm typing this with, because I too have seen cases where a logitech wireless receiver simply didn't work reliably, but passing through the controller itself is very reliable.

Are you referring the assignment at the bottom of the VM edit page. If so I have the logitech device checked.

"It stems from interaction between qemu/kvm, both of which we keep up with latest releases, both of which we have no control over. " <- Usefull information.  Thanks

1 hour ago, limetech said:

That's a little unfair.  Individual USB assignment has always been problematic - on again/off again.  It stems from interaction between qemu/kvm, both of which we keep up with latest releases, both of which we have no control over.  I told you the most reliable method to get USB devices to work is to pass through the entire controller.  It's exactly what I do with the VM running win10 that I'm typing this with, because I too have seen cases where a logitech wireless receiver simply didn't work reliably, but passing through the controller itself is very reliable.

Wait a moment... You use win10?! I always imaged you only running Slackware command line only 😛

1 hour ago, PilotReelMedia said:

Are you referring the assignment at the bottom of the VM edit page. If so I have the logitech device checked.

Yes.

Granted, passing the usb controller is a pain-in-the-neck to configure but once it's done it's done.  You have to go to Tools/System Devices and find your USB controllers.  Next you have to determine which usb ports are connected to those controllers and decide which one to pass through, making a note of the PCI ID which will be of the form "nn:nn.n".  You then specify that ID in the config/vfio-pci.cfg file and reboot. This tells the Linux kernel to ignore this controller.  You can now go to the VM edit page and you'll see the USB controller checkbox at the bottom under "Other PCI devices".

In my case, my motherboard has a set of 4 USB3.0 ports on the I/O panel.  It was easy to find that in System Devices:

IOMMU group 19:	[1022:145c] 0c:00.3 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) USB 3.0 Host Controller

My config/vfio-pci.cfg file looks like this:

BIND="0c:00.3"

And at the bottom of the VM edit page is:

image.png

The win10 VM now sees that USB controller and the Logitech receiver plugged into one of the ports.

(The unchecked Logitech wheel mouse, UPS, and Dell keyboard are for host (Unraid OS) use).