• No VMs will start after upgrade and Web UI locks up.

squanchy2112
    • Urgent

After upgrading from 6.9.2 to 6.11.1 Today no VMs I had before will start, upon trying to start them the system enters a locked state and no other webui tabs are accessible. Restarting the GUI nginx does recover the system however if the VM tab is clicked or the VM manager the UI enters a locked state again and then requires a whole system reboot to bring things back alive. At this time I have no working VMs have tested with Win10 and Win11 VMs do not currently have any linux vms. Please let me know what logs are needed, the overall unraid log shows nothing about any vm activity.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I am running into something real similar, but wanna see if its the exact same issue. Question: Does your VM have a GPU pass through? I have a Linux VM that does NOT have passthrough that can start or stop just fine, but anything with my GPU Passthrough (AMD Radeon 6900xt) causes what sounds like your exact issue. They're definitely gonna want your system diagnostics, which can be found in Tools -> Diagnostics. Just in case its the same issue, I've attached my diagnostics as well. 

lux-diagnostics-20221022-1645.zip

Upon re-reading your post, I do think we have different problems, as my VMs start and run fine, its when I shut the VM down that my web locks up and becomes an issue. 

Edited by Waffleophagus

If it helps, not a long term solve, but I am back to being very stable by going back to 6.11.0, so I'mma just stick on that release till we get a fix.

3 hours ago, squanchy2112 said:

I was on 6.9.2 before would I have to revert to 6.9.2 and then upgrade to 6.11.0 from there?

I'm not saying it'll work by any stretch, I'm just saying that's what worked for me. Cept I didn't revert to 6.9.2, I went straight to 6.11.0, since that was my upgrade path, I went from 6.10.x to 6.11.0 to 6.11.1, and 6.11.1 is the only one that I'm having problems with. However you wanna get there, try 6.11.0, hopefully it'll work for you, has for me.