• Server won't boot after 6.7.0 update

Zack Pollard
    • Minor

Updated from 6.6.7 to 6.7.0 this morning and rebooted the server. The server never came back up and upon inspecting the screen output I can see the following (however cannot scroll to get more information):

image.thumb.png.95fb64322ac9fa196e905c81babd4632.png

I'm not sure what's broken and what the next steps are but it seems to me like a bug with the updater as it's now not in a bootable state after this update was performed.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Sounds as if something got corrupted somehow :(

I would suggest that you plug the USB stick into a PC/Mac, backup the 'config' folder which has your license key and settings;  rewrite the USB stick using the Limetech USB Creator tool, and then copy the config folder onto the USB stick overwriting existing contents.

Well that should be a fun time, this is running in a datacentre, was a lot of fun to get it installed in the first place :P Will give it a go...

So, I downloaded the 6.7.0 zip and installed it again, and getting the same error. Could this be to do with plugins? I did update all of them to their latest version before doing the install.

I managed to extend the console to get some more lines (albeit a bit squashed) and this is what I now have, does anyone have any idea what's going on here?

image.thumb.png.1df94a487acff8144e4e2993e1e4d883.png

Plugins might cause a problem.     You can try booting in Safe Mode which will stop any plugins from being run.   You might want to also check there is not an 'extras' folder on the USB stick as these would be loaded automatically.

Edited by itimpi

Will have a look into that later, for now i've reverted to 6.6.7 and got it booting again. Will investigate plugins later and see if I can single one out