• Since 6.5.3 all of my docker update windows are blank

plantsandbinary
    • Solved

See the picture. Whilst the update process is running, it's blank, but as soon as it finishes the text appears. I've tried using multiple browsers, Chrome, Firefox and Edge. All with plugins/extensions disabled, tried incognito window etc. I don't know why this happens. It started on 6.5.3 and now it still happens on 6.6.3.

I'm reporting this now as I just did a fresh install and it's still occurring.

blank.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Make sure you whitelist the GUI when an adblocker is used and/or exclude the GUI when an anti-virus protection is used.

Also retest when the system is started in safe mode.

Edited by bonienl

Hi, as I mentioned I've tried browsers with no addons already.

As for my AV I don't know how to do that with Bitdefender but I doubt that it is causing any problems as it has not in the past.

I'll try in safe mode.

However, I have noticed that when installing new docker containers there isn't even an install window any more, this blank window only comes up during updates. When installing a new container nothing comes up until suddenly it's finished and then a new page opens to display the fully printed log of the installation process.

44 minutes ago, plantsandbinary said:

As for my AV I don't know how to do that with Bitdefender

Temporarily uninstall it. Completely. Disabling it isn't enough.

4 hours ago, plantsandbinary said:

When installing a new container nothing comes up until suddenly it's finished and then a new page opens to display the fully printed log of the installation process.

This sounds very much like something on your PC is interfering with the GUI.

Perhaps try a different PC/laptop ?

Wow you guys were right. It was BitDefender. I'm really disgusted. I mean a lot of people say they hate the software but I've never really had any problems with it. It seems a little overprotective at times but better safe than sorry I guess.

I uninstalled it. Thank god it was only 20 euros. I'd have been devastated if it was more expensive. I only got about a month of use out of it...

Also seems to have fixed a few other irregularities too.

Thanks a lot guys! This was really, really bugging me.

I think it was something to do with BitDefender using it's own SSL cert and forcing SSL on every single page and this caused problems with the Unraid Web GUI. At least I am not using SSL for the Web GUI. You can mark this as [SOLVED]

Edited by plantsandbinary