• Temperature Readings Main vs Dashboard are different

comet424
    • Minor

ive noticed   that the Dashboard  and Main  pages report different temperature when you flip back and forth

i get between * for temperature  to numbers to incorrect numbers  not sure what a * is  but they come and go as they please

i currenty use a Ryzen 3600 cpu  on a Asus Tuf X570 Gaming-Plus board

unraid pic 1.PNG

unraid pic 2.PNG

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

An asterisk is displayed when the temperature can't be read from the drive, such as when it's spun down. It looks as though Disk1 spun down between your two screen shots but you clipped off the left edge with the coloured ball that shows its status on the Main page. The temperatures are by default updated rather slowly so I'd put any discrepancies down to that. I don't see anything obviously wrong.

ah ok  the drives were spun up  well the ones that showed...  since  screen captures were taken less then 10 seconds apart.. 

so if they are updated slowly..  so main page reads temperatures at a different rate as dashboard.

are they then   saving 2 seperate  files  for the temperatures  instead. of 1 text file  that both  dashboard and main page read from  so that dash board  and main page are exactly the same  not  completely different in less then 10 seconds?

i just checked now drives are reporting same temps  except unassigned drives 1 reports the temp other doesnt.. this time i took pic of both same time no 10 second difference.

i guess the dashboard page cant read unassigned drive temp  but main page can

well if not a bug maybe suggestion  that

main page and dashboard read the exact same file for temperatures  not different temperature files that its reading from

but then again  i rebooted unraid since last time i took the pics and posted the orginal question.. so who knows

unraid4.PNG