• UNRAID [6.9.1] GUI Unresponsive At Times and Unable to Update Docker Containers

N¿¿B
    • Minor

Upgraded to 6.9.0 and then to 6.9.1. The issues I have were present from 6.9.0 and I thought would be resolved with the 6.9.1 fix.

• Accessing Plugins or Apps tab takes at best 30 seconds and at worst several minutes. I used to be able to click through tabs instantaneously.
      • Update: Accessing Plugins takes considerably longer than previously stated. It is now a few minutes to not loading at all sometimes.
    • Updating Docker Applications is met with a command failed. Tested to make sure that I had internet and then verified by updating some Plugins, but Docker updates are failing. Maybe Community Applications is broken?
      • Update: Trying to download a Plugin via Community Applications is also met with a failure. Here is the error:
    plugin: installing: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/b3rs3rk/gpustat-unraid/master/gpustat.plg
    plugin: downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/b3rs3rk/gpustat-unraid/master/gpustat.plg
    plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/b3rs3rk/gpustat-unraid/master/gpustat.plg ... done

No vendor utilities found. Plugin install terminated due to failed prerequisites.

plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 1
    • Clicking Check For Updates in the Apps tab just leaves the process running continuously. Doesn't provide any results.
    • Firefox will sometimes post a warning about the "Page Taking Too Much Time to Load". I have to close the tab and open up the Unraid GUI again. I have never encountered that error before in any of the previous versions.

Here's the error I'm receiving when trying to download something from Community Applications:

Mar 31 20:11:37 SERVER nginx: 2021/03/31 20:11:37 [error] 12122#12122: *12517 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.XX.XX.121, server: , request: "POST /plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerUpdate.php HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock", host: "8a4bf81b3bby354a2d8b1addf54f2c076d99278c.unraid.net", referrer: "https://8a4bf81b3bby354a2d8b1addf54f2c076d99278c.unraid.net/Docker"

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

11 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Please post the diagnostics: Tools -> Diagnostics

I went to download the zip file and saw a list of all the things that are made public in the diagnostics file and I'm not comfortable sharing some of that information. I know that might seem silly. I apologize.

It's up to you of course, but without the diags no one can help you.

Diags can already be anonymized, you can also make a feature request to add what you think it's not anonymized enough.

That's fair. Yea, unfortunately my server names and user names are tied to more than just my server. Anyway to downgrade to back to 6.8? I got to Tools --> Update OS and only see an option for 6.9.0.

2 hours ago, N¿¿B said:

downgrade to back to 6.8

Downloads page at upper right of this forum. Replace all bz* files on flash with the ones from the download.

On 3/30/2021 at 3:08 AM, JorgeB said:

It's up to you of course, but without the diags no one can help you.

Diags can already be anonymized, you can also make a feature request to add what you think it's not anonymized enough.

I too am having similiar, if not THEE same issue as OP. Ill post my diags willingly lol.

Also including a screenshot for what its worth, it just shows the "Unraid Loading" icon in the center of the screen. Also noticed that any dockers i have autostart set to on, they toggle on and off for a split second as well.

Already tried/ensured all plugins were up to date.

Screenshot from 2021-04-03 21-37-28.png

tower-diagnostics-20210403-2151.zip

Start with testing your system in safe mode, it is unlikely to be a bug. I suspect something interfering with the GUI.

8 hours ago, bonienl said:

I suspect something interfering with the GUI.

Screenshot shows uBlock Origin enabled for webUI.

@powderwt whitelist your server.

@bonienl
    @trurl

So I figured out what my issue was.

I had been routing a container through another to utilize the vpn of the host container, but it was not working and I had removed the vpn container. What I didn't do however was stop the container I was attempting to route through it,  and so it was attempting to "rebuild" the remaining container constantly. I was able to stop that container and turn off auto start on it so it was no longer trying to rebuild and the "loading animation" went away.