• Unraid docker dont recognize subnet mask 30

ingux16
    • Minor

I got latest stable unraid installation. Three networks connected to Unraid. 

first without vlan tag unbridged eth0 for main connection to server with subnet 10.10.50.0/30 , in routing table everythings fine its apears as route 10.10.50.0/30

For docker containers a setup outside network with vlan tags

First network for container  is 10.10.48.0/30  and second  10.10.49.0/30  so should be available hosts for docker networks 10.10.48.2 and 10.10.49.2.

Networks appear in docker containers when i try to edit them as Custom eth0.48, and eth0.49 then i setup and address respectively 10.10.48.2 or 10.10.49.2 . But  when I press an Apply it show me no address pool available and docker creation failed. So i started to dig and noticed that in unraid networks routingtable  routes appears 10.10.48.0/31 and 10.10.49.0/31  with gateways where 0.10.50.0/30 is correct and no routes with 10.10.48.0/30 and  10.10.49.0/30 . I tried with another subnets like 29 , and everything works as should.

In screenshots can be seen that

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Same error if i leave empty or add pool. In fact it didn't change anything 

Edited by ingux16

The error message comes from Docker, it can’t reserve any addresses for its own internal dhcp service.

Instead of assigning a fixed .2 address, leave it open and let docker assign the address automatically (dhcp). See if that works.

Side note: assigning /30 networks isn’t really practical here.