The upgrade from 6.8.3 60 6.9 failed in my case.
The update itself succeeded, reboot worked but the system did not become active on the network. No GUI, no share, no telnet.
- I was able to IPMI into the system and get on console;
- The system could ping its own IP address from console but not the default gateway. GUI mode also did not work from console; "page not found";
- Network setup appeared good, correct default gateway and such (ROUTE -N)
- The port was shown as "linkdown" (IP ROUTE SHOW);
- I have attached a diagnostics file (note: this is for the current situation, so with 6.8.3).
- I also attach a syslog that I was able to capture on the flashdrive for the 6.9 config. Hopefully that will give someone some insight.
- I reverted to 6.8.3 by restoring the flashdrive from the backup, that seems to have worked 100%.
I am suspecting the issue lies with my ethernet controller:
IOMMU group 12:[15b3:6750] 03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Mellanox Technologies MT26448 [ConnectX EN 10GigE, PCIe 2.0 5GT/s] (rev b0)
Tower kernel: emhttpd: segfault at 0 ip 00001489487cff36 sp 0000148943dfde80 error 4 in libc-2.30.so[1489487ab000+16b000]
A segfault in emhttpd would also cause the GUI to be not reachable but I figure that would make the GUI unreachable but not telnet/shares.. So probably emhttpd crashed because of the closed eth0 ?