• VLANs not showing up for selection on container network select 6.11.5

Rdhuff1985
    • Annoyance

I disabled docker on the docker settings page. I then enabled VLANs under the network settings, and created a VLAN and set it to static. set the ip range to 192.168.x.0 - x being the vlan number. I gave it a gateway of x.1. 

Now back over on the docker settings page, i check the box to include the vlan as a container selection. Enable docker and try to edit a docker to be set to the vlan I just created and it does not show up. 

FULL TRANSPARENCY - This may not be a bug, it may be user error, but I can not for the life of me find a solution to this issue. I have been trying to get VLANs to work for a cctv setup like spaceinvader shows in his shinobi series. At first the VLAN did show up as a selectable option, but the container would not show up with the webui. I ran "docker network prune", but all my containers were stopped when I ran it, so I lost every custom network I had, including my proxy network. (my mistake I guess). I recreated the custom proxy with the "docker network create" command, and it started showing up just fine again. the bro.x vlan network just will not show back up.

I ran this - rm /var/lib/docker/network/files/local-kv.db

/etc/rc.d/rc.docker restart

to try and rebuild my network stack as per a forum post, but it didn't achieve anything as far as I can tell. If I need to move this, I will, but it does seem that if I can create a vlan and choose it to be used with a container, it should show up. I also realize I may have screwed something up.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

9 hours ago, maxpanda said:

Did you ever find a solution for this? I am dealing with this right now.

No. No solution as of yet. If you find something let me know.

OK. So as of right now, what I did was delete my vdisk file of my docker container. Then, I went into bios and re-enabled the Intel Virtual iommu groupings for my processor. I rebooted, started docker. then I made sure to have my regular docker network that I use already available. For some reason, create user created networks never works for me. When I ran Docker network ls, my custom docker network did not pop up, so I recreated it. Then, I redownloaded all my previous containers from the apps tab. (super easy way of doing it btw). Once that was done, when I checked my available networks for docker, my original issue had gone away. Hopefully, this will help you. Seems to be a roundabout way to fix an issue that shouldn't be an issue, but that is what I did.

Ok for me that was an error of gateway (copy/paste is evil) . For example, if you have a vlan on a subnet 10.80.51.0/24 be sure to set 10.80.51.1 as gateway.