• WireGuard Breaks when Docker starts

Scrumptious
    • Minor

Wireguard (VPN Manager) is set up with Remote Tunneled access (I want to use my adguard DNS for all traffic while I'm away). I have filtered internet and remote access into my LAN from my iPhone while on cellular, while docker is OFF. To replicate my issue, when docker is off and all containers have autostart disabled, I am successfully pinging a computer in my LAN. When I turn ON docker, as soon as it finishes loading, my ping stops responding. And I have lost internet access on my phone. I turn OFF docker and everything starts working perfectly on my phone again. PLOT TWIST: when I turn my containers back on, i can access them, ping them, whatever, externally (VPN) on my phone using local IPs, but lose access to LAN devices outside of unraid and of course, no internet.

I've been banging my head into the wall on this one for a few weeks and I'm finally getting closer to figuring this out but lack the experience with docker networks.

I'm in the process of transitioning from Home Assistant on a windows Vbox VM to HA on unraid VM and this is one of the last things I'm trying to transition. Wireguard is disabled on the old one, all port forwarding has been migrated. Only thing left is AdGuard is still running on the old HA. That's my DHCP pool to hand out the DNS and IPs.

I have not done any static routing as my router cannot do that, I'm not sure if that's my issue.

Enable bridging: Yes

Host access to custom networks: Enabled 

So far I've successfully setup these below, and can access them locally and on my phone via cellular  
    iPerf3 (host ip)  
    NextCloud + MariaDB (custom br0 ip)

What am I missing here? Some kind of setting? Or have I misconfigured docker somehow?

tower-diagnostics-20230604-1953.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 7/4/2023 at 10:26 PM, dstorrez said:

I"m having the same problem.. have you figured out what's going on?

Yes!! I guess I should’ve resolved it on here too. I had someone share their struggle on Reddit too. They found the fix, but it disabled usability for one of their addons. 

I disabled “Host access to custom networks”. I thought I needed it for my dockers to connect to each other, but I don’t and everything works perfectly now. Wiregaurd even faster and is more reliable now.