Disk sda/b/c/... designation changed - does it matter?

Does the sdx designation matter with unRAID?

I changed the order of cables after I did some extreme surgery on my mobo. The physical disks are in the same slots (ie. Western Digital serno XYZ was and still is Disk3), but the drive designation changed as below. I haven't started the array, yet.

Was:

Disk3 - sde

Disk4 - sdg

Disk5 - sdf

is now:

Disk3 - sdf

Disk4 - sde

Disk5 - sdg

Parity and disks 1 and 2 are the same as earlier.

Ulvan,

Trurl is correct.  The hard drive serial numbers are what's important, not the SATA port numbers.

I took a screen shot showing my hard drive serial numbers, and keep it safe on my PC.

(in the folder with the backup of my unRAID flash drive)

There are TWO hard drive serials that are especially important...PARITY and CACHE.

Should something happen...(change a drive, swap out a power supply, etc., ) and I have to rebuild the drive, the Parity drive MUST be correctly assigned to the array. The data drives can be in any order. The cache drive can be left out, or ->if assigned correctly as cache<- can be put back in.

The screenshot is cheap insurance.

As already noted, v5 maintains a serial number: function match, so you can safely move drives to different systems; different controllers; etc. with no problem.    This was NOT true with v4.7 ... so if you happen to be working on an old 4.7 system be certain you manually assign everything correctly anytime you change stuff.

Notwithstanding this, it's ALWAYS a good idea to maintain a recent screenshot of your WebGUI showing the drive assignments.    AND if you move everything to new hardware, be CERTAIN that the parity and (if you have one) cache drives are assigned correctly.