[Support] Linuxserver.io - Piwigo

linuxserver_medium.png

Application Name: Piwigo

Application Site: http://piwigo.org/

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/piwigo/

Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-piwigo

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, instead head to linuxserver.io to see how to get support.

Edited by linuxserver.io
  • 2 months later...

Question: I am trying to configure my Docker Container for Piwigo and I get an error when trying to install.

Command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="Piwigo" --net="bridge" -e PUID="99" -e PGID="100" -e TZ="America/New_York" -p 80:80/tcp -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/piwigo":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/Photos/":"/photos":rw linuxserver/piwigo

05b333f9abfc0d65b7763c9ddbbc8734a0afd9a29e0f1051e3f684d2c9ee514a

Error response from daemon: Cannot start container 05b333f9abfc0d65b7763c9ddbbc8734a0afd9a29e0f1051e3f684d2c9ee514a: Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:80: bind: address already in use

The command failed.

I am running UnRaid 6.1.4

I am guessing that UnRaid is already using this port because none of my other Docker Containers are using this port. How can I get around this?

• 2 weeks later...

Installed mariaDB docker, installed this docker, reverse-proxied thanks to CHBMB here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=43858.msg424250#msg424250

It works but it's maddeningly slow.  My CPU is almost idle, RAM usage is low, everything is stored on a SSD but there is a 4-5 second delay for every button press.

Direct-connect or through apache reverse-proxy, same thing.  All my other dockers perform as expected.

Anybody else uses this?

Installed mariaDB docker, installed this docker, reverse-proxied thanks to CHBMB here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=43858.msg424250#msg424250

It works but it's maddeningly slow.  My CPU is almost idle, RAM usage is low, everything is stored on a SSD but there is a 4-5 second delay for every button press.

Direct-connect or through apache reverse-proxy, same thing.  All my other dockers perform as expected.

Anybody else uses this?

I don't really use it, in fact, only installed it to help you, but can't say I noticed it being overly slow.  Added a few photos, just 10, to just to see that it works.

My config in case it's relevant is I've got my docker.img on a SSD (mounted outside my array and using Unassigned Devices) and my appdata is all on my cache drive which a regular HDD.  Specs of my machine are in my sig.

• 3 months later...

So... I'm having an issue with changing the port because I'd like to keep Unraid on port 80. I changed the host port to 8080 like mentioned above but is there anything else I need to do in the Apache config files? I should get at least an apache test webpage right?

• 5 months later...

Two questions:

1) The Piwigo page says things like a web server, MySQL and an FTP client are required. I presume that the docker installs all of those things

2) Since it says an FTP client is necessary, do I need to transfer my files from my unRAID server where they're already stored to a new location on the same server so that Piwigo knows about them, or can I just point Piwigo at them and have it scan an existing directory structure to find them? I don't want to have to store everything twice just to be able to display them.

Tested some time ago but from memory MySQL is a separate docker requirement and Piwigo will maintain a separate copy of files

My recollection is the same. I used mariadb for the database, and it worked, but I didn't like having to import and using twice the storage space. I'm still looking for a photo solution.
  • Like 1

Thanks for the feedback, Ashe & jonathanm. Considering the fact that I've got nearly 1TB of photos (yes, TB, not GB, no I don't have pack-rat tendencies, why do you ask?), having to import & duplicate every single photo doesn't seem like the best option.

PhotoShow seems to do what I want: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=42424.msg472444#msg472444

However, it doesn't seem like it works well with mass quantities of pictures: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=42424.msg488984#msg488984

I guess I'll check out Sparklyballs' Lychee container.

Don't quote me but I am sure lychee does the same as piwigo in terms of database and additional copy of photos. The alternative is to point your docker data to an array location but whether the software will pick up a direct write to the folder for new photos or only through the software, I don't know. It's a shame as both piwigo and lychee are very good

OK, I decided to give piwigo a try since PhotoShow seemed quite unhappy with 200k pictures. :/

I got the LS.io mariaDB installed.

I got HeidiSQL installed

HeidiSQL can connect to mariaDB

I used HeidiSQL to create database 'piwigo'

after some fiddling, I got everything correctly configured in the piwigo first install screen.

I then got this:

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'root'@'172.17.0.1' (using password: NO) in /config/www/gallery/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 67

Warning: my_error(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /config/www/gallery/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 824

Warning: my_error(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /config/www/gallery/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 824
Piwigo encountered a non recoverable error

[mysql error ] 
Can't connect to server

#1	my_error /config/www/gallery/include/common.inc.php(121)
#2	include_once /config/www/gallery/index.php(26)

Any suggestions on what to look for?

I'm not sure where the 172.17.0.1 IP address came from. I use 192.168.* for my internal network (unRAID has a static IP), and my external IP address is 73.*

Also, here are my piwigo settings:

T75xPtY.png

MariaDB doesn't know that piwigo is on the same LAN in effect as the 172...... ip address is a docker internal ip address.

So internally the dockers communicate on a VLAN in the 172.* range? Essentially...

You will need to use HeidiSQL to modify permissions to allow access

Awesome! How do I do that? It's been a mighty long time since I've done DBA type work - like Oracle 7.x was current... I've been doing some MSSQL work more recently, but not administering the server or dealing with permissions.

Like this?

root@NAS:~# docker exec -t -i 46aa7177f8fa /bin/bash
root@46aa7177f8fa:/# mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
Welcome to the MariaDB monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MariaDB connection id is 16
Server version: 10.1.17-MariaDB-1~trusty mariadb.org binary distribution

Copyright (c) 2000, 2016, Oracle, MariaDB Corporation Ab and others.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

MariaDB [(none)]>

I am using HeidiSQL. If you'll note, my original post said "I got HeidiSQL installed" - i.e. I'm not 100% certain what I'm doing in there, but I am using it!  ;)

• I checked the user settings, and it was set to "%" as you showed it. However, it says that my root user has an empty password despite there being a hashed value of some sort in the Password field - is that a concern?
  • I set "From Host:" to "localhost", saved it, then reset it to "Access from everywhere", and I'm still getting the same error.
  • I granted root access to the piwigo database (after I took the screen shot - realized what was different between yours and mine) - still couldn't get access.
  • Without any changes at HeidiSQL, I uninstalled piwigo, deleting the container, deleted the entire piwigo directory tree from the mapped /config location, then reinstalled. Still getting the same error.

mariaDB_settings.PNG.9bbe8a1ff50ad43f4124e1366bd74489.PNG

FWIW I've just got it up and running without issue.

Show off.  :(

OK, I'll give that a shot. Is there any potential issue in mariaDB since I mapped /config <-> /mnt/user/appdata/mariadb instead of mapping it to /mnt/cache/appdata/mariadb ?

I didn't want to put the entire database on my unprotected, single, 250GB cache drive instead of loading the thing into the array.

FWIW I've just got it up and running without issue.

Show off.  :(

OK, I'll give that a shot. Is there any potential issue in mariaDB since I mapped /config <-> /mnt/user/appdata/mariadb instead of mapping it to /mnt/cache/appdata/mariadb ?

I didn't want to put the entire database on my unprotected, single, 250GB cache drive instead of loading the thing into the array.

Massive impact in performance for one.  I'd recommend setting it to cache and then using CA to backup your appdata, which is what I do.