[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

On 10/18/2017 at 7:05 PM, strike said:

You mentioned you're using chrome, do you use an extention or do you use the proxy setting in the OS? If you are using an extention have you tried a diffrent one? I remember a another user having problems with a chrome proxy extention, and IIRC he solved it by using a different extention. Or maybe configure your OS settings to use the proxy. Please also post your entire supervisord.log from you delugevpn appdata folder,  maybe we can spot something there. 

Edit: And yeah, please enable debug logging in the deluge container

Hey thanks strike for helping out. I've tried an extension in chrome and setting the system proxy directly and I've tried setting the proxy in firefox as well as setting Sickrage in a docker on the same unraid machine as the binhex-delugevpn docker. I've also tried setting the proxy env variable in a shell and trying to ping. Nothing can connect.

supervisord.log

Edited by nowhere

So I haven't seen any comment on my statement about the main config file for privoxy in the appdata share for the container. Reading the privoxy manual it says that in order for privoxy to listen on the lan, I have to change the listen address in the main config file, which the docs define as just "config".  The file is there but is zero sized, with no contents. I simply added the line

listen-address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8118

where the IP address is the docker container address and it seems to work now. So I suspect my container is corrupt somehow, having an empty config file. Or is this normal and I missed a config step somewhere?

Thanks for the help so far!

Hi all,

I'm  stuck on putting the files in, I'm running nordvpn and I have attempted the suggested fix but with no luck, I keep getting the "This site can’t be reached refused to connect."

This is the debug log for it.

[INFO    ] 10:13:15 configmanager:70 Setting config directory to: /config
[INFO    ] 10:13:15 daemon:127 Deluge daemon 1.3.15
[INFO    ] 10:13:15 configmanager:70 Setting config directory to: /config
[INFO    ] 10:13:15 core:87 Starting libtorrent 1.0.9.0 session..
[WARNING ] 10:13:15 core:197 Failed to load lt state: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/config/session.state'
[INFO    ] 10:13:15 rpcserver:369 Starting DelugeRPC server :58846
[WARNING ] 10:13:15 preferencesmanager:313 Unable to read DHT state file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/config/dht.state'
[INFO    ] 10:13:15 torrentmanager:651 Successfully loaded state file: /config/state/torrents.state
[INFO    ] 10:13:15 rpcserver:206 Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:48030
[INFO    ] 10:13:15 rpcserver:226 Deluge client disconnected: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.
[INFO    ] 10:13:15 rpcserver:206 Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:48032
[INFO    ] 10:13:16 rpcserver:206 Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:48034
[INFO    ] 10:13:16 rpcserver:226 Deluge client disconnected: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.

Screenshot_1.png

any help would be appreciated and I'm still a noob at this so sorry if I missed anything stupid.

EDIT - its just started working i have no idea how but its working xD

Edited by chocomilkshark
to add EDIT
15 hours ago, StarsLight said:

Hi,

I just download updated deluge VPN, and enable port_forward and put pia openvpn certificate.

After that, I tried to check ip by downloading torrent check file, and it returns  "checkmytorrentip.net: Error: banned by IP filter"  in Tracker Status. Does this normal for Deluge VPN?

This is what I get on the checkmyIPtorrent.  Do you get the same result if you set enable VPN=false?

Tracker Status:
checkmytorrentip.net: Error: Success, Your torrent client IP is: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Edited by Gog
18 hours ago, StarsLight said:

Hi,

I just download updated deluge VPN, and enable port_forward and put pia openvpn certificate.

After that, I tried to check ip by downloading torrent check file, and it returns  "checkmytorrentip.net: Error: banned by IP filter"  in Tracker Status. Does this normal for Deluge VPN?

Try IPMagnet instead. It's open-source, so you can even run it on your own server if you want.

http://ipmagnet.services.cbcdn.com/

On 22/10/2017 at 5:28 PM, nowhere said:

So I suspect my container is corrupt somehow, having an empty config file. Or is this normal and I missed a config step somewhere?

not normal, and no you didnt miss a step, this should all be done for you, infact if you delete the config file and restart the container it should get auto re-created for you, but as you got it going the choice is now yours, glad you worked it out in the end :-).

7 minutes ago, binhex said:

yes indeed, most probably that blocklist (which is pretty useless btw) has in its list the sites your trying to use to get your external ip.

Thanks!!! after remove this plugin, I can find Tracker status and IP then. (btw, I cannot find the external ip inside the blocklist file)

Should I keep use "blocklist" plugin, and what is the problem while the message "banned by IP filter" using PIA?

Edited by StarsLight
Just now, StarsLight said:

Should I keep use "blocklist" plugin, and what is the problem while the message "banned by IP filter" using PIA?

i personally think blocklists are a waste of time, they generally are out of date, and as you're using a vpn there is no point. 

the banned by ip filter message is not related to pia btw, this is purely telling you the site you are trying to connect to is in the blocklist, you would get the same message whether you were connected to a vpn provider or not, it makes no difference.

13 hours ago, binhex said:

i personally think blocklists are a waste of time, they generally are out of date, and as you're using a vpn there is no point. 

the banned by ip filter message is not related to pia btw, this is purely telling you the site you are trying to connect to is in the blocklist, you would get the same message whether you were connected to a vpn provider or not, it makes no difference.

Thank binhex!9_9

12 hours ago, teh1percent said:

Hey binhex!

Wanted to say thanks for the awesome dockers and keep up the great work! I had one question. Does this docker have a vpn kill switch builtin?

Thanks!

absolutely, secured using ip_tables so it doesnt matter whether the tunnel is up or down you are always secured.