Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nodiaque

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Nodiaque

  1. I cannot say, I don't run the game or the server but that is more of a question for the dev VS the container itself. This container follow the guide written on the dev site. Maybe try chmod 777 everything and see
  2. I've read from someone in the thread that had same problem when copying over. There's a procedure on the official website on how more the world.
  3. The server will not work if the client is updated, which steam does itself on all you friends. Thus locking it down won't make it work forever. The steamcmd is responsible for everything related to update. You might be lucky and have steamcmd not detect there's an update and continue (happen way too often to be honest). But like I said, your friend won't be able to connect. A game update shouldn't make your server not working anymore. But that's the dev job.
  4. Try switching to host network. People have many problem using the invite code way. Nice catch, I'll fix the typo
  5. As documented on the docker itself and in the windrose page, it's one or the other
  6. You can try to force the update using the tip in post #2. Maybe it will clear it. I just tried installing the docker and it worked no problem. There's also a new docker using wine 11 instead of wine 10, tag windrose-beta instead of windrose. Might help with performance
  7. That sometime happen. I had some trouble like that in the past with my dockers (and other things in unraid) where full reboot fixed it. Never had anyone actually find out why.
  8. windrose-beta is brand new from today, using a different wine. You have to manually input this in the repository to use it. You can revert to windrose or windrose-xvfb if that's the case. Although I didn't had your issue with windrose-beta
  9. hmmmm the docker itself was updated only 3 days ago. Can you check under repository what you have?
  10. is that on windrose or windrose-xvfb, or windrose-beta? I do see a wine error like if it doesn't have permission to access file. Can you chmod and chown your appdata to be sure it's properly set?
  11. I've pushed a new docker nodiaque/steamcmd:windrose-beta. The main difference here is wine 11.0 vs wine 10.0. It was suggested to update wine to latest version to fix some problem. If someone want to test, simply change the repository and run. I strongly suggest doing a backup of the appdata before just in case.
  12. i can say safely that the game right now have a lot of problem. Don't forget it's not linux native. Looking at the Windrose Steam forum, issue running in docker is common. Did you try putting the docker into host mode instead of bridge or other network? This is one of the many fix people are using, specially with p2p. I do not own the game, so I cannot test anything. I'm relying on people here that asked for it and they said it was normal, that it started logging more stuff once someone logged in. I myself had a friend playing on my server and it was hanging there before he connected. So I cannot say. Another thing is the lack of clear instruction from the dev. The direct connection method isn't properly documented and it's through user trial that it was documented on the forum. edit: Just saw you did say you tried host. I don't know what to tell you :(
  13. You seems to not want to provide the requested information to help you. You don't seems to understand what you did and don't read properly what I'm saying. You take just a part and say "I'm not talking about that" while not taking the information in the whole section. I didn't blindly talked about game parameters and serverdescription, I explain what those settings do. I mean no disrespect by the question I'm about to ask, are you not English native? I'm asking because language barrier are sometime a wall and if French is better, I can help in French in PM. Unfortunately, if it's neither of those, I can't help in another language. Do you know what happened when you changed the value here? Click on edit, it will be like that Notice only 1 value changed, HOST PORT? This is also called exposed port. Notice Container Port is still 7777? This mean, in the container, it will receive whatever data is sent at port 7779 from the host and he will receive it at that port. So to be even more clear, let's break in image how docker networking work. It's like a small router (well in fact, it is). So container port is like your lan port and host port your wan port. Whatever you put in WAN port (Host) has nothing to do with where the server is listening. You could put port 65023 here and it will work if you say, when connecting to your server, use port 65023. Does it mean the server is listening to that port? Not at all. It's port forwarding. The server is still listening on port 7777. In fact, the server and container has no idea about that, it don't care at all about all of that. You could delete the entire config and it will still run and listen on port 7777. Just like if you start a web server on your pc and don't forward incoming stream from port 80 to that server, the server will still listen to port 80 but nothing will work. You could use port 8080 on your router (which is what most people did in the past since 80 was blocked) and forward it to port 80 inside. You server doesn't listen to port 8080, it's still listening to port 80. That's what you did. I'm trying to help you here understand how things work, specially to prevent other people on taking your information as fact when they are wrong. Provide requested information and we'll be able to make everything clear for you.
  14. Why is your server listening on port 7779? The game is listening on port 7777. The game parameters shows it, the game config file shows it, even your own config shows it! Paste a screenshot of the docker advance view of your windrose container. It should show both the lan and container port. You can blur out your ip. edit: Also, I would like to point out that you are the only one with this docker that have the port problem. All other person are running the server as port 7777 no problem. edit 2: What I'm talking about docker advance view is this edit 3: Just saw your edit. What you are saying about removing the port is actually in the FAQ of the docker and also in the instruction It's also not totally true. If you click Edit on the port, you can change the exposed and internal port. The problem is in past version of unraid (and sometime), while it's changing in the template, it's not changing in the docker compose. Not always but it happen. So a good way to remove those possibilities is to instruct users to remove and recreate the binding. But you don't seems to understand that what you did is forward the external port 7779 to internal 7777, which mean it's still listening on port 7777. You changed only the exposed port. edit (last?): Please refer to this documentation, which some are listed in the FAQ on page 2, showing which port and how to configure properly the game to listen to a different port. Dedicated Server Guide – Windrose Steam Community :: Guide :: Windrose | Dedicated Server Once you provide screenshot, we'll be able to show you what you did and explain what's going on.
  15. No it's your firewall that is not configured properly. What you are doing here is this. The docker container run on port 7777, but you expose those port for outside connection as port 7779. That mean now to connect to the server, you specify port 7779 instead of 7777. Your screenshot clearly show container port 7777. The server still listen on port 7777. So if it doesn't work when you change the exposed port to 7777, it means it's a you problem, something is in conflict on your unraid server or network. Instruction clearly state to use the exact same port mapping as the game parameters you use. Yes, you can "cheat" and only change the exposed port and then firewall outside connection to that expose port, I've done it many time which is a very lazy way of doing things and could lead to problem (like game showing in the server list with the wrong port, unless you also forward port 7777 externally to 7779 internally). Also you must change the port in the conf if you change it. In the end, if it's working now, it means your other thing you put on port 7777 that you talked earlier is causing problem. You might have firewall rules in place or other configuration that are making conflict. It's not a container nor a template issue, nor even bad information. 7777 is the official port you can found on the steam page and official game FAQ. The dev are having a hard time updating everything, they themselves said only Udp at first but people found out TCP was needed also.
  16. I cannot say, maybe read back some of the pages, people had the problem and many different thing were done by different user. The container itself does work, there's some networking or configuration issue somewhere.
  17. It's out of my control. Steamcmd is the one doing the installation. Maybe the new version of the server doesn't exist yet. When you delete the acf file, it will force an update check. If nothing is detected there, It's steamcmd problem. That's what just happened with mine. We can see it checked and downloaded something (probably the missing acf files I deleted).
  18. I never saw that. Do you have the game downloaded in appdata? Might be networking issue
  19. Check comments and FAQ. This docker doesn't need update, it download from steamcmd everytime it's started. Problem is sometime (too many time), steamcmd (which is official steam client) doesn't detect file or version change and doesn't update. There's instruction in the 2nd post to force the update You cannot assign an ip when you run host. Host use your unraid server ip What you are talking about is not host but using something like the custom eth0 connection which you can put on your internal ip which is set during your docker network settings (in settings => docker when docker isn't running). It would be an option to run it with it's dedicated ip, I did that in the past for my game server so they were not on the same vlan of my unraid.
  20. you did add those port in the unraid template and added the game_params? Also, the ip in local connection, unless you use a dedicated ip on your lan, should be your unraid server not the docker ip address. I've heard on the steam forum that some had success with DirectConnectionServerAddress and putting their ip on it (would be unraid server ip). Doc says this is not used but the doc on that game isn't very sharp.
  21. Oh yeah permission must be good. That's why I always chmod and chown
  22. Always when it's not running, never while it's running. True for any game server, it's also in the FAQ, the container info and the official moving FAQ on the dev website ;)
  23. What do you mean? The docker doesn't contain enshrouded, it's downloaded when you start. You can read the FAQ on the 2nd post to have more information. If steamcmd doesn't see the update when starting, follow the instruction in that post to force the update. It's not something that I can anything about it unfortunately, it's a steamcmd problem..
  24. Per what I've read here, it's normal and stay there until someone login. Did you do the extra configuration? There's FAQ on the first page to what to do for Direct Connect, which is the default method now. Invite code won't work if you don't change the template.
  25. Yeah, it's a know issue for all of dockers I could find. We use all the same way, even the doc for running docker is made from someone in the community without warranty. It's what happen when you run un-optimize software onto a compatibility layer. If they release a linux native client, it will be way better

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.