• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About nicr4wks

  • Rank


  • Gender

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Just to close this off, removing the drives from the backplane and hooking up with sas > sata breakout cable has fixed the issue.
  2. Good catch, I only focused on the disk that dropped 🤦‍♂️ It seems to be all of the disks in the same cage chucking up that error, I might remove the backplane and hook up a sas breakout cable for testing.
  3. The differences are explained here: You should really create your own thread on the HA forums or HA reddit.
  4. .xz is a compressed file. use tar on unraid or 7zip/winrar on windows.
  5. @comet424 the version you have installed does not include the addons.
  6. There are literally hundreds of home assistant videos for dummies, what you want to do is not a standard setup and is going to require some thinking of your own. You can run HASSOS in a VM on unraid, this will get Home Assistant up and running for you. You can install NodeRED on to Home Assistant to create drag and drop automations. Setup MQTT on Home Assistant, then look for MQTT clients for your pi clients that can control the gpio pins. Use the Home Assistant dashboard to create clickable on/off switches.
  7. Hi All, I've recently migrated from 12 x 1tb disks to 4 x 8tb. Also moved to a completely new hardware configuration (from a HP z620 machine to a HP ml350p g8). Was running great for the first couple of weeks but now I'm getting disks going offline 'contents emulated' with what I think might be controller issues. Dec 20 00:04:58 Tower kernel: mpt2sas_cm0: log_info(0x31110d01): originator(PL), code(0x11), sub_code(0x0d01) Dec 20 00:04:58 Tower kernel: mpt2sas_cm0: log_info(0x31110101): originator(PL), code(0x11), sub_code(0x0101) ### [PREVIOUS LINE REPEATED 3 TIMES] ### D
  8. Bugger! QB was looking good for a minute there, i will load in over 1k just by moving away from Transmission, which has been my client of choice for the last 10 years and it's been perfect, especially the remote client but it's becoming more and more of a nightmare to deal with. As torrents are becoming larger I've been getting pita issues (50gb blurays or 500gb mame sets) Transmission will completely lock up when disk operations take place on these large torrents. Even downloading at speeds over 150mbit causes random hangs. Transmission does everything under the 1 worker thread so
  9. Thanks, I've just installed the docker for the first time and after changing the web-ui port it would come up with the unauthorized error, this let me log in.
  10. Has anyone else noticed resource issues with large torrents in 3.00? Loading up a big torrent (latest MAME CHD in this instance) causes transmission to use 100% CPU which lags web/remote interface and also causes download speeds to drop (getting 40mbit). Roll back to 2.94 (linuxserver/transmission:2.94-r3-ls53) load up the same torrent and CPU sits around 40%, UI stays responsive and speeds use my full 250mbit.
  11. I've heard nothing, can you SSH in to your server and run top would be interesting to see if yours has the same stuck shfs process. Also tried downgrading to 6.8.2 where problem is still present.
  12. Thanks for taking a look. It's running on a HP Z600 workstation, the motherboard is identified as "Hewlett-Packard 158A Version 0.00" I have 1 device passed through to a VM which is a "RealtekCorp. RTL2838 DVB-T (0bda:2838)" connected via USB. I should also mention that when the issue occurs I have tried stopping ALL VM's and dockers and this does not change any of the symptoms at all. I'll physically remove the realtek USB device and keep the VM off over the next week for testing, I'll also note that this hardware configuration has not changed and run flawless for the
  13. Hi All. I've been trying to track down this intermittent issue for the last couple of weeks. ** EDIT - as of an hour ago restarting unraid no longer fixes the issue, samba is constantly slow/inaccessible ** ** Double edit - after running for 5hrs server has recovered and operational again ** It becomes apparent as samba shares from unraid will become incredibly slow, browsing folders takes ~10 seconds to load each directory and transfers to/from the server crawl to <5KB/s from each client. While the transfer issues are present I have note
  14. Have a read through the second page here.