6.9 Docker causing slow networking?

mlody

I'm on 6.9 beta25 and I've been trying to get close to 1 gbps from my cache/unraid pool thats all SSD and I can do that but not when docker is enabled.

When I have the docker service turned off, I am able to saturate the entire gbps (avg 105 mb/s) but when I turn on the docker service, the transfer speeds to the unraid server drop to avg 55 mb/s and vary wildly between 35 mb/s and 70 mb/s during transfers.  Happens on SMB and on NFS.  Any ideas on what might be going on?  The transfers between unraid and a docker container avgs around 33 mb/s

I'm not doing anything special with the docker networks. Some Bridge mode, plex on host, a few on br0 with a static IP.  I might upgrade to RC1 but haven't done it yet.

I stopped all the containers but kept the service on and the transfer rates vary wildly.  I don't have any containers that are super have I/o.

I think it might have something to do with the networks that are setup for docker but I'm not sure what.

I have a cache pool of SSDs, I also have an unassigned SSD drive that should

• 8 months later...