Confused about Port Forwading Dockers through a VPN Docker....

Clipboard-1.thumb.jpg.3779975d6815fe8c407fecfcffc8e4f3.jpg

I'm trying to add two new dockers to my unRaid... and it has been a while from when I set it all up and I have kinda forgotten how I did it. Basically when IU tried to boot it up there was a conflix and it sorta ruined everything and I had to start again.. The problem is port 5900 is used by three app... but I can not seem to make these values change...

Clipboard-3.thumb.jpg.262d6bd7764543568857b9e98a39e6ad.jpg

Take a look at the FireFox Container for example... everything says 5800->5800 and 5900->5900.. but in the setting for the docker I added 50.. so both say 5850 and 5950.

Also in the VPN I am going through I have opened the port like I did for Radnar and Sonar..

Clipboard-4.thumb.jpg.323e7f0176933af2fd25761509334881.jpg

Clipboard-5.thumb.jpg.d5f7e57f62e011da5b6858dbbcf93d68.jpg

So, the Ports in the VPN docker are forwarding the ones I wanted tot change them to as in 9850.... and the ports are changed in the docker for the browser... but (see first pic)... none of the ports have changed?

What am I doing wrong... I did this before but can not seem to work it out again.

• 2 weeks later...

...not sure where your problem really is, but I don't use a VPN container.

What do you know about docker networking? Did you read and understand this: https://docs.docker.com/network/ ?

Especially check what type of network your docker templates use.

For all that use the "host" type network (see https://docs.docker.com/network/host/) will be started using the same IP address as your unraid server and hence would need each and every port mappings to be unique across all these dockers.

In your first pic, the "binhex-qbittorrentvpn" docker uses the bridge networking model, as it internally is allocated to IP 172.17.0.2.

Its ports are mapped to IP 192.168.152.153 with the same port numbers as inside the container.

I can only assume that IP 192.168.152.153 is the IP of your unraid server.

If so, these ports 5850 and 5950 are already used up on this IP and therefore cannot be mapped by Dockers using the "host" model...and if you try to do that, there will be a conflict (maybe when saving the config but finally when trying to start that docker).

So, get rid of the IP/Port-conflicts first, before attempting the other port-changes.