Windows 10 Backup software recommendation

LEKO

I used to pay for Genie Timeline as a simple backup software for Windows.

Any recommendation for a good Windows software that would simply dump a copy of my local PC important stuff onto my Unraid array auto-magically. I'm even considering some "home-brewed" solutions, but a simple (read install and forget) would be my preferred choice.

33 minutes ago, LEKO said:

Any recommendation for a good Windows software that would simply dump a copy of my local PC important stuff onto my Unraid array auto-magically.

I am using Acronis True Image for backing up 3 Windows 10 machines to unRAID automatically on a schedule.

It works great and I can decide how far back the backups go before "old" versions are deleted.

It's one of many options, but, it's a good one.

17 hours ago, LEKO said:

Any recommendation for a good Windows software that would simply dump a copy of my local PC important stuff onto my Unraid array auto-magically. I'm even considering some "home-brewed" solutions, but a simple (read install and forget) would be my preferred choice.

urBackup, it works for me and its in CA, it can do brick level and/or image level backup/restore

Edited by binhex

I previously used Acronis True Image, but after a few months, it seemed like its scheduler would stop working and I'd have to go in and redo it. It worked well when it worked, but eventually the annoyances got to me.

I now use Macrium Reflect, the free version does everything I need. But I think the free version only does drive imaging - I believe you need to pay for the Home version if you want to backup files/folders. Macrium has been very stable for me, no problems with the scheduler. I also setup NextCloud to automatically sync my Desktop Documents to the Unraid server. Any documents I change or add are instantly copied over to the server. That's been enough to give me peace of mind.

I use the FREE version of Veeam backup for windows. It works flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 2 weeks later...

We use minio for our server software and then if you do not need to backup mapped drives cloudberry backup is a awesome piece of software. It runs as a service and you can specify almost any type of backup scheme you want and its free as long as you don't need mapped drive backup. This setup has saved me so much work its not even funny.