new to this raid thing

Hi, I'm so new and I didn't know anything about unraid a few days ago. So after some reading I bought this sas card from ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LSI-6Gbps-SAS-HBA-LSI-9200-8i-9211-8I-IT-Mode-ZFS-FreeNAS-unRAID-2-Cable/124177528488

Then I saw they're selling 9210s and 9211s for the price I paid. Did I pay too much? Is my model too old? And I hope this card will work on my MPG X570 GAMING PLUS (MS-7C37) mainboard on Windows 10?

24 minutes ago, trurl said:

Not sure you understood that Unraid is the Operating System. If you want Windows on your Unraid you will have to make a VM

I thought it was a software lol so will I always have to run the virtual machine every time I log on to windows? And can I see, copy/paste my files while on windows? Sorry if my questions are too stupid. 

42 minutes ago, trurl said:

If you create a Windows VM you can configure it to autostart when Unraid starts and it will continue to run unless you stop it. That is the easy part. You will probably need to give Windows its own video card unless you are OK with VNC or RDP to access that Windows VM.

Or I can just start my Unraid when I'm going to watch a movie? Or else use windows 10 as the main os? And If i use it like this, when I'm on windows, will I be able to see my array drive on my computer? Copy and paste files over there?

Edited by puggtopus
8 hours ago, puggtopus said:

Or I can just start my Unraid when I'm going to watch a movie? Or else use windows 10 as the main os? And If i use it like this, when I'm on windows, will I be able to see my array drive on my computer? Copy and paste files over there?

If you mean booting Windows instead of Unraid, then you won't be able to access Unraid storage when Windows is booted. And Unraid filesystems can't be read by Windows anyway.