Dual Network Cards Port Issue

SMCSUser

My Unraid server (SMCS-NAS) has 1 1gig Interface (eth0) 192.168.199.3 and 1 10gig Interface (eth2) 10.10.0.3. I am running Dockers for Webserver, Nextcloud, NginxProxyManager, etc.. and they all work great but having 1 issue and hope someone can tell me how to resolve this.

I am running a firewall and ports 80 and 443 are forwarded on the eth0 interface correctly to NginxProxyManager. tested and all works as it should but about every 10 minutes or so the server identifies its self to the Firewall as SMCS-NAS on the 10gig eth2 interface but gives the ip of 192.168.199.3 but in reality the ip is 10.10.0.3 so all of the port forwarding fails until it re-identifies its self on the 192.168.199.3 eth0 interface, then it all works again.

My question is this I think, how can I tell the Unraid server not to identify its self on the 10gig adapter? i have tried everything that I can think of. I have changed Network settings for that adapter but makes no difference. Here are some screenshots of my Network Settings. If anyone can be of assistance I would be very grateful. I have been troubleshooting this for 3 weeks now, but nothing I do seems to make any difference.

1giginterface.thumb.jpg.3d44574a0af715dd5458e1192dcd50ed.jpg

10giginterface.thumb.jpg.8ace4ee5a7ea43f558bb0b2a8b3d5a02.jpg

The 10.10.0.1 gateway does not exists, I put that in there to try and trick it to not talk to the 192.168.199.x gateway. I have removed it and still no difference. I am not sure how this vlan works. My firewall does have vlan ability but I am not sure how to set that up. Would you be willing to help me? The Unraid server is sitting right next to the Firewall, but the Firewall does not have 10 gig capability. Can vlan still work?

I have 3 switches that have 1 gig ports and 10 gig ports both servers and my pc connect through the 10 gig ports for the 10 gig traffic. None of them are hooked directly to one another.

I can set a vlan if you can tell me how to do that? I see it in the network settings to enable it, is that all I have to do is enable it on Unraid ? 

25 minutes ago, SMCSUser said:

I can set a vlan if you can tell me how to do that? I see it in the network settings to enable it, is that all I have to do is enable it on Unraid ? 

Previous post have a example screen capture.

But if switchs have 10G and 1G then why don't simple setting in single subnet.

Edited by Vr2Io

In first of reading, I suspect problem not on Unraid side because those setting were so common. Problem likely cause by other peer (could be firewall) which routing in "unusual" and make IP/MAC mix in ARP table.

23 minutes ago, SMCSUser said:

What do you mean by this?

"But if switches have 10G and 1G then why don't simple setting in single subnet."

Its not clear does your switchs were 10G capatiable, or 1G only, and haven't got whole network topology that could be problem source.

23 minutes ago, SMCSUser said:

They are already on different subnets. What else could be changed?

Even they are in different subnet, but in network view they still in same broadcast domain, to truly seperate them, you need VLAN. If your application really no need muliple subnet, config in single subnet will make network more simple.

Edited by Vr2Io

Is there anyway to clear the ARP table? I am sure the issue is the Firewall detecting the 10gig interface and getting confused on which is which.

The switches have 8 1gig ports and 2 10gig ports

I have the vlan turned on both servers but do I have to make adjustments to the Firewall to know how to use the vlans? I created the vlan but it didnt seem to do anything that I can tell.