[Support] diamkil - Overseerr

On 3/18/2021 at 8:32 PM, crazygambit said:

Is anyone having trouble with setting up email notifications? For some reason the same settings that work perfectly in Ombi don't work here at all. I never get the test email.

Yes - I am having the same issue but trying to get reverse proxy (using Ngninx Reverse Proxy) to work before I tackle the email issue.

Anyone have this working with Ngninx Reverse Proxy on CloudFlare? Any tricks? Thanks!

8 hours ago, TexasDave said:

Yes - I am having the same issue but trying to get reverse proxy (using Ngninx Reverse Proxy) to work before I tackle the email issue.

Anyone have this working with Ngninx Reverse Proxy on CloudFlare? Any tricks? Thanks!

I got reverse proxy working using Letsencrypt (now called Swag) using nginx just by modifying the provided sample for subdomain. The install instructions mention that subfolder doesn't work so I made a new subdomain using duckdns.org. I've never used Cloudflare, so no clue there.

• Like 1

@crazygambit - Thanks! I moved away from SWAG and have been using the Nginx Proxy Manager docker. Just a personal preference. All on hold right now but will circle back to see if I can get Overseer to work as it looks to be more intuitive versus Ombi. But Ombi is up and working....

EDIT: I fixed it. Typo in Nginx Proxy Manager Setup. Extra  "one" in my IP. I knew it was something stoopid. Will post if and when I sort out the email bits....Thanks!

Edited by TexasDave

Having issues getting reverse proxy working on my end. I followed spaceinvader's video, but no dice. The Overseerr webUI works fine and I can port forward to access from outside the network with `PUBLICIP:5055`, but that defeats the purpose of reverse proxy.

Here's what I've done:

• I have my own domain name through namecheap
  • I'm using Cloudflare's nameservers
  • I've created `customsubdomain.duckdns.org`
  • In Cloudflare, I've created a subdomain by adding CNAME - `requests` and pointed it to `custumsubdomain.duckdns.org`
  • I've created a custom docker proxynet and pointed both the SWAG docker and the Overseerr docker to that
  • I've edited the nginx proxy config for Overseer to `server_name requests.*;
  • In SWAG docker config I've set Host Port: 180 for Container Port: 80 and Host Port 1443 for Container Port: 443
  • In Overseerr, I've added Application URL `https://requests.customdomain.com` and ticked the box for Enable Proxy Support

I'm not sure where to go from here. Any help is greatly appreciated

EDIT: Fixed it. This was an issue on Cloudflare. I needed to change the Proxy Status from Proxied to DNS only

Edited by ramair02
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this is a bit off topic.  I'm trying to customize by app a bit.  I was able to map my public folder to a place in appdata so I could change the logo.  After replacing the png file and restarting the container, everything looks good.

I also wanted to remove some text from the login page.  I tried mapping the src folder which holds this info (/app/src/components/Login/index.tsx) just as I did with the public folder, and while the folder seems to have mapped correctly, changes aren't showing up after I save and restart the container.  Does anyone know how I can get these changes to take effect?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I love Overseerr.

It worked perfectly until yesterday.

Now I can't open the GUI although Docker says it is running.

Here is the log. The bold line is the red error.

Any clues to fix it? Thanks in advance.

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 00-env-file-init: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-env-file-init: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-start-container: executing...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ENVIRONMENT
PUID=99
PGID=100

TZ=Europe/Berlin

Executing usermod...
Applying permissions to /config
[cont-init.d] 00-start-container: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
yarn run v1.22.10
$ NODE_ENV=production node dist/index.js
warning Cannot find a suitable global folder. Tried these: "/usr/local, /app/.yarn"
2021-10-20T06:10:36.279Z [[32minfo[39m]: Commit Tag: 1.27.0
2021-10-20T06:10:36.321Z [[32minfo[39m]: Starting Overseerr version 1.27.0
2021-10-20T06:12:46.725Z [[31merror[39m]: Error: connect ETIMEDOUT 172.18.0.1:32400
at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1148:16)
error Command failed with exit code 1.
info Visit https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/run for documentation about this command.
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.
[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 00-env-file-init: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-env-file-init: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-start-container: executing...

Edited by Profezor
Spelling

I just received this same error. The problem is its not connecting to your plex server and timing out. I am not sure how overseerr updates IP address's but doesnt seem to have auto updated my IP(power outage reset my ip) after this latest update. My fix was i went into appdata\overseerr\settings.json. Under "plex" there is an "IP" setting which is not my current network IP, it was my previous IP.  Grab your new IP (whatismyip.com) and replace the old IP. Save the file and reload Overseerr container. Should work. Good luck

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, 

Maybe someone can help me out here, I've had Overseer going for a while now, at least a year, and all of a sudden, its not able to connect to Radarr and Sonarr, I get this when I try to.

2023-02-20 09:22:49,753 DEBG 'overseerr' stdout output:
2023-02-20T17:22:49.752Z [error][Radarr]: [Radarr] Failed to retrieve profiles: connect EHOSTUNREACH 192.168.1.10:7878 

It's connecting to Plex, because it is recognizing new movies/shows coming in, but no matter what I do, its no longer connecting to Radarr/Sonarr anymore.

Any thoughts? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 10:52 AM, ZenBuddha said:

@Supershocker, if you wouldn't mind sharing, how did you force the upgrade? I don't see anything in the gui and wasn't sure how to proceed.  Thanks!

I'm not sure if you still need help, but in the top right of the docker page, flip the switch from "basic view" to "advanced view".  You will then be able to click "force update" next to the docker container. 

On 2/20/2023 at 11:25 AM, coltonc18 said:

Hello, 

Maybe someone can help me out here, I've had Overseer going for a while now, at least a year, and all of a sudden, its not able to connect to Radarr and Sonarr, I get this when I try to.

2023-02-20 09:22:49,753 DEBG 'overseerr' stdout output:
2023-02-20T17:22:49.752Z [error][Radarr]: [Radarr] Failed to retrieve profiles: connect EHOSTUNREACH 192.168.1.10:7878 

It's connecting to Plex, because it is recognizing new movies/shows coming in, but no matter what I do, its no longer connecting to Radarr/Sonarr anymore.

Any thoughts? 

So I've some what identified the issue, but not sure how to correct it....If I have the network on Bridge it works, but then Nginx proxy manager doesnt work, so that kinda takes away the point of overseer for my users....as they cant access it from my external domain when it works for radarr or sonarr....but if the external domain works then radarr and sonarr wont.

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/11/2021 at 6:19 PM, amgarrety said:

Sorry if this is a bit off topic.  I'm trying to customize by app a bit.  I was able to map my public folder to a place in appdata so I could change the logo.  After replacing the png file and restarting the container, everything looks good.

I also wanted to remove some text from the login page.  I tried mapping the src folder which holds this info (/app/src/components/Login/index.tsx) just as I did with the public folder, and while the folder seems to have mapped correctly, changes aren't showing up after I save and restart the container.  Does anyone know how I can get these changes to take effect?

Hi! Did you figure this out? Where did you find the public folder in the first place? I am using the binhex overseerr container and the public folder doesn't exist in the appdata folder. Also where is /app/src/components? Sorry if this is a newbie question

• 3 months later...