Rancher container

cescm

Hello. I'm trying to run the rancher/rancher for educational purposes with no luck. I want to run it as a single container as said in the rancher doc so the same container makes of master and worker node, but I've had no luck. It stops at "provisioning cluster" and begin to restart the container over and over. So I wonder if someone has been successful on running this container.

Edited by cescm
I haven't activated notify me
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I haven't been able to get it running. It's erroring out waiting for containerd startup. Combined with the poor community apps template and lack of support thread, I'm guessing someone just messed up the configuration of the docker with some sort of auto-generation and just never tested it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can think of the Rancher docker container as a management console for creating Kubernetes clusters. It should be possible to manually provision a VM and have rancher use this VM to create a one node kubernetes cluster. If you want to go beyond one node, you'd be using at least 3 VMs + the rancher container.

What would be really cool is if someone could figure out a way to enable the Rancher container to automatically provision VMs to run as k8s nodes on Unraid.