[Support] Axelander - OpenBudgeteer

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You also need to map the Sqlite Path to some folder as you would lose all you data after every container restart. Once this path is mapped it should work normally. 

Unfortunately I have no Unraid system any longer to test this. What you could do is to send me the docker run command so I can reproduce it in my environment.

• 7 months later...

Hi, install went fine as per GitHub instructions, seems to run, but I can't get the webui to open. I've tried reinstalling, but past that point I'll admit I'm a complete novice and have no idea what I need to do in way of troubleshooting.

Attached everything I think you should need, but please let me know if you'll need anything else.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

unraid-ob-e4.PNG

unraid-ob-e3.PNG

unraid-ob-e1.PNG

unraid-ob-e2 - Copy.pdf

1 hour ago, Axelander said:

Hi, just to be sure, the DB User and the DB itself are availabe on the MySql Sever with the IP 192.168.178.100 ? Because I can't see a running MySql Server in your screenshot of running Docker Container

Hahaha yep! That'd do it. Please see previous noob comment. It's working now. Thanks! I'm really excited to try it out.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, rockbox948 said:

@Axelander     This is probably a stupid question but what should I include after the "@" when making the database username?  I've made several attempts but Openbudgeteer refuses to start and the logs say that access is denied for the db username I've created.  I appreciate your help!

Figured it out.  Using localhost did not work on my system.  I had to attached the username to the IP address listed in the logs.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been running this for a while, and it's great, thanks for your work! I ran the most recent update and now it won't load. The logs just keep saying `waiting for database.` The database connection is valid, I can connect with the same creds through dbeaver and all the tables are still there with data. I tried swapping out to the sqlite config, and it fails to load as well. Any ideas?

• 6 months later...

I am having an issue where I cannot start OpenBudgeteer. I have it setup for mysql using MariaDB for mysql and every time I go to start OpenBudgeteer it immediately opens and closes so fast I cannot open the logs to see what is going on. The other weird part is that Unraid does not show and error when setting up the container and clicking done or when starting the container. Not sure what's happening. Any thought?

Edited by SnugglyDino

Sounds like the connection to the database doesn't work.

If you click on the Icon on Unraid Docker Page you get menu where you can access the Logs. Alternatively you can find the docker logs using Unraid Terminal and navigate to folder "/var/lib/docker/containers/<Your Container Id>/<Your Container Id>-json.log". Container Id will be shown in Advanced View on Unraid Docker Page.

Feel free to share the log and/or your config in case you still can't resolve it.

Edited by Axelander
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2023 at 3:04 AM, Axelander said:

Sounds like the connection to the database doesn't work.

If you click on the Icon on Unraid Docker Page you get menu where you can access the Logs. Alternatively you can find the docker logs using Unraid Terminal and navigate to folder "/var/lib/docker/containers/<Your Container Id>/<Your Container Id>-json.log". Container Id will be shown in Advanced View on Unraid Docker Page.

Feel free to share the log and/or your config in case you still can't resolve it.

So it looks like the issue was the fact I was using both Root password and regular password. Looks once I deleted the root password it worked perfectly. But you were exactly right. It was not connecting to the database. The only reason I know that though is cause I was looking at the logs for my MariaDB container. OpenBudgeteer was never fully opening so it was not generating any logs.

Edited by SnugglyDino