Torrents won't auto delete

yanksno1

Hi, so a few months ago my Torrents stopped downloading. When I try to add a torrent it starts like it's going to begin downloading, but then eventually trickles down in speed and stops all together. I'm on Version 6.8.3 and before that it was working great. At first I didn't think anything of it while going away for a couple months visiting family up north. Then I get back and try to solve the problem. I restarted, stopped and updated qbittorrentvpn docker I was using at the time. No dice there. Restarted the computer and that didn't make a difference. I eventually decided to uninstall qbittorrentvpn, and got binhex-delugevpn going (I think) and same experience there. I've attached my logs for you guys to look at, hopefully one of you can spot something there. Should I update to 6.9.0-rc1? I see 6.8.3 is the most recent. Sorry for the long rant, but hopefully you guys can get me back on track here. 

tower-syslog-20201216-2349.zip

Edited by yanksno1

Posted here since it was both qbittorrentvpn, and binhex-delugevpn were giving me issues. I thought it might be the PIA OpenVPN files, so I updated those to ones I just downloaded yesterday but still no go. Also, if I disable the VPN in deluge, I get the same experience. Not sure where to go from here. 

• yanksno1 changed the title to Torrents won't auto delete
Interesting - any changes? Are the higher profile getting deleted or is it still persisting in Deluge?

The higher profile torrent in deluge would still be there. But deluge or sonarr would delete the lower profile file there. Maybe something's going on and it won't delete from my cache drive for some reason? That's where the downloading is happening. But it does move the file and rename it from the cache drive to the right directories. The torrent does appear to stop seeding, it's just the original file is still on the cache drive and torrent is still in deluge. No idea haha.

I've since updated the docker from binhex's repository to the linuxserver one to update to Sonarr v3 and same thing happening on that one. So it must be something I'm missing or something else going on since it's happening on both. I mainly updated for the release profiles feature of v3 and that's working great! Now if I could only solve whatever's going on here haha. 

OK - it sounds like there may be two things going on. Firstly it sounds like your VPN PIA may be causing some downloading issues. I'd recommend Mullvad, it's easy and "just works." 

Secondly, there's still some shenanigans with downloading and importing. Have you seen this website before https://wiki.servarr.com/Docker_Guide#The_Best_Docker_Setup especially the section with folder structure? Scroll down on the website a little and you'll see the recommended folder structure. 

So, if you want - I'd say:

1. let's review your folder structure

2. what permissions/user/group do these folders and your downloads have (Terminal -> "cd" command to your folder -> "ls -al") <-this is lower priority because some downloads are being moved

3. Instead of Downloads/incomplete and Downloads; make the folder structure Downloads/complete and Downloads/incomplete

4. Ensure Sonarr -> Settings -> Completed Download Handling enabled

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
Clarification
On 2/14/2021 at 6:50 AM, Rick_Sanchez said:

OK - it sounds like there may be two things going on. Firstly it sounds like your VPN PIA may be causing some downloading issues. I'd recommend Mullvad, it's easy and "just works." 

Secondly, there's still some shenanigans with downloading and importing. Have you seen this website before https://wiki.servarr.com/Docker_Guide#The_Best_Docker_Setup especially the section with folder structure? Scroll down on the website a little and you'll see the recommended folder structure. 

So, if you want - I'd say:

1. let's review your folder structure

2. what permissions/user/group do these folders and your downloads have (Terminal -> "cd" command to your folder -> "ls -al") <-this is lower priority because some downloads are being moved

3. Instead of Downloads/incomplete and Downloads; make the folder structure Downloads/complete and Downloads/incomplete

4. Ensure Sonarr -> Settings -> Completed Download Handling enabled

Thanks for the help, def appreciate it.

I don't think it's PIA anymore (I didn't have it setup right before). Once I set it up correctly, it's working great again. Files downloads properly.

It's just Deluge won't delete the torrent file, and original files in the Downloads folder. If I download a higher quality version, Sonarr will delete the lower quality version. In the Sonarr Activity section, that will no longer be there. 

2. Wasn't quite sure what to check there. Was able to ssh in using Terminal, but couldn't figure out where to go from there. 

3. I switched the Downloads path's around in Deluge and that all seems to be working right. It's just after it's done in Deluge and moved from Sonarr the torrent isn't deleted in Deluge and file/folder removed from the Downloads folder.

4. Yup it is, see screenshots below.

685276574_ScreenShot2021-02-15at11_58_39AM.thumb.png.81c8b9f9fa1991a9dbe87c5c7a86e2f4.png

Is my Share Ratio set up correctly? 

569221089_ScreenShot2021-02-15at11_08_24AM.thumb.png.7c691ab514ec4eebf4871b9721665450.png

I enabled the Set Permissions in Sonarr. 

478748588_ScreenShot2021-02-15at11_11_01AM.thumb.png.1d8865ae6010fe69fb8c33b65346cf60.png

20 minutes ago, yanksno1 said:

Thanks for the help, def appreciate it.

I don't think it's PIA anymore (I didn't have it setup right before). Once I set it up correctly, it's working great again. Files downloads properly.

It's just Deluge won't delete the torrent file, and original files in the Downloads folder. If I download a higher quality version, Sonarr will delete the lower quality version. In the Sonarr Activity section, that will no longer be there. 

2. Wasn't quite sure what to check there. Was able to ssh in using Terminal, but couldn't figure out where to go from there. 

3. I switched the Downloads path's around in Deluge and that all seems to be working right. It's just after it's done in Deluge and moved from Sonarr the torrent isn't deleted in Deluge and file/folder removed from the Downloads folder.

4. Yup it is, see screenshots below.

685276574_ScreenShot2021-02-15at11_58_39AM.thumb.png.81c8b9f9fa1991a9dbe87c5c7a86e2f4.png

Is my Share Ratio set up correctly? 

569221089_ScreenShot2021-02-15at11_08_24AM.thumb.png.7c691ab514ec4eebf4871b9721665450.png

I enabled the Set Permissions in Sonarr. 

478748588_ScreenShot2021-02-15at11_11_01AM.thumb.png.1d8865ae6010fe69fb8c33b65346cf60.png

Alright let's try to change one thing at a time, test it, and see if it works. 

1. Deluge
    1. Downloads: make sure folder structure downloads/incomplete ----- and "move completed to" ----- downloads/complete
    2. Queue: Share Ratio 0; Time Ratio 0; Time 1
    3. Queue: Share Ratio Reached 0; pause torrent
  2. Restart and test if working
  3. if not, then try
  4. Permissions in Sonarr: Uncheck the set permissions (it works for me without having to change permissions)

If none of those work, let's go back to the drawing board

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
Clarification
On 2/15/2021 at 12:51 PM, Rick_Sanchez said:

Alright let's try to change one thing at a time, test it, and see if it works. 

1. Deluge
    1. Downloads: make sure folder structure downloads/incomplete ----- and "move completed to" ----- downloads/complete
    2. Queue: Share Ratio 0; Time Ratio 0; Time 1
    3. Queue: Share Ratio Reached 0; pause torrent
  2. Restart and test if working
  3. if not, then try
  4. Permissions in Sonarr: Uncheck the set permissions (it works for me without having to change permissions)

If none of those work, let's go back to the drawing board

Tried it with those settings and they didn't import! Freaked me out a bit when I switched it back and at first they didn't either. But after a second time they did after I switched back. Then tried switching it from my cache drive to one of my array shares and that didn't do it either. Turned off the permissions settings also. The Downloads Folders paths are always working right. It's just when the torrent finishes in Deluge it won't delete the torrent there, nor delete the original file on the Cache Downloads share drive. Should also mention I did replace the Disk 1 HDD, that failed. Best part of Unraid not losing any data haha. Any other things/screenshots you want me to try/take? Really appreciate the help! 

472440107_ScreenShot2021-02-16at5_22_37PM.thumb.png.0cba1df5c934f6fd823afcf256e8ea8d.png

11 hours ago, yanksno1 said:

Tried it with those settings and they didn't import! Freaked me out a bit when I switched it back and at first they didn't either. But after a second time they did after I switched back. Then tried switching it from my cache drive to one of my array shares and that didn't do it either. Turned off the permissions settings also. The Downloads Folders paths are always working right. It's just when the torrent finishes in Deluge it won't delete the torrent there, nor delete the original file on the Cache Downloads share drive. Should also mention I did replace the Disk 1 HDD, that failed. Best part of Unraid not losing any data haha. Any other things/screenshots you want me to try/take? Really appreciate the help! 

472440107_ScreenShot2021-02-16at5_22_37PM.thumb.png.0cba1df5c934f6fd823afcf256e8ea8d.png

How about the Tools -> Docker Safe New Permissions option? Maybe this will fix some permission issue that might be stopping us from importing.

The other settings SHOULD work to import...but use what works for now. Who are the user:owners of the downloads folder? (Terminal, then cmd to parent folder, then "ls -al")

12 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

How about the Tools -> Docker Safe New Permissions option? Maybe this will fix some permission issue that might be stopping us from importing.

The other settings SHOULD work to import...but use what works for now. Who are the user:owners of the downloads folder? (Terminal, then cmd to parent folder, then "ls -al")

Okay, tried it again with your settings again and now it's importing! No idea why it wasn't before and now it is. Perhaps it was after running the Docker Safe New Permissions? But still not auto deleting in Deluge and the original file as well. 

797779262_ScreenShot2021-02-17at11_34_07AM.png.0bf29b4a93af66851554e1f44cbace9b.png

Tried the user/owners Terminal lookup, and able to do that I think. Here's a screenshot of that for you. 

48641683_ScreenShot2021-02-17at5_28_40PM.thumb.png.58bce86af6a596f2c7e613bf03fd392d.png

Anything else you want me to try?

Hey @yanksno1, I'm having the same problems as you are with my Radarr dockers.

Originally I had it working perfectly, and I think the point of destruction was when I started running a second Radarr for 4K.

My Sonarr still works perfectly with importing and deleting.

For both my Radarr instances, they will import into the intended final location but are not removed from deluge and the completed downloads folder.

All settings across Radarr and Sonarr are identical.

I'll check out these docker safe new permissions.

Following with great interest :)

Linton

• Like 1
1 hour ago, yanksno1 said:

Okay, tried it again with your settings again and now it's importing! No idea why it wasn't before and now it is. Perhaps it was after running the Docker Safe New Permissions? But still not auto deleting in Deluge and the original file as well. 

797779262_ScreenShot2021-02-17at11_34_07AM.png.0bf29b4a93af66851554e1f44cbace9b.png

Tried the user/owners Terminal lookup, and able to do that I think. Here's a screenshot of that for you. 

48641683_ScreenShot2021-02-17at5_28_40PM.thumb.png.58bce86af6a596f2c7e613bf03fd392d.png

Anything else you want me to try?

That's good to hear.

I think you had the torrents seeding for a long time, or for a large ratio so they would just sit in deluge. You could toy with the values and try to set them to 0.1 while testing to see if that's possibly causing them to sit in deluge.

Here is the hail-mary. This may not be the most "secure" setup, but you can try to run Sonarr / Radarr docker with "Privileged" turned on. Again, some people get really upset about turning this option on, but hey if we're going to try everything may as well give that a shot too. Alternatively, try Deluged in "Privileged" mode on as well. Let me know if this sticks.

Also, there is an addon for Deluge called "Auto Remove Plus" that you could try to install, but that might get hairy. 

Another thought - make sure your paths match in both Sonarr and Deluge for downloads. And I think we already reviewed having the proper label applied for sonarr. Did you right click on the label in Deluge and set the path (i.e. Downloads/Complete/tv)?

Have you looked into NZBs? They are fast and "just work." Might be something else to consider, although this comes with more costs to sign up for their services.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • yanksno1 changed the title to Torrents won't auto delete & a memory issue
6 hours ago, yanksno1 said:

I now seem to have a memory issue I haven't had before. It's up to 94-95% and I shouldn't be up that high, no VM's running or anything like that. Can you guys take a look at my logs to see if you spot anything? 

1507387142_ScreenShot2021-02-17at22_33_10PM.thumb.png.cefaf9604fd493005d4d2c138bd1e2a8.png

tower-syslog-20210218-0330.zip 24.3 kB · 0 downloads

What are your volume mappings? Does the container path match between sonarr and deluge?

Are you using a socks5 proxy?

And is your sonarr spitting out any errors?

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
6 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

What are your volume mappings? Does the container path match between sonarr and deluge?

Are you using a socks5 proxy?

And is your sonarr spitting out any errors?

Yup, they match and seem to be working between sonarr and deluge. It's just when it finishes, it doesn't delete (in sonarr and the original downloaded file after it imports). 

Deluge:

628654561_ScreenShot2021-02-18at11_06_42AM.thumb.png.b689ecb82fb5f876f36a9ac489d80b66.png

Sonarr:

274414814_ScreenShot2021-02-18at11_07_13AM.thumb.png.c0bb741dc0b72634bbb48418e635703c.png

Had to look up what a socks5 proxy was, so def not using that (just straight OpenVPN with Deluge and PIA).

Now my memory usage is up to 99%. Kinda freaking me out haha. 

UPDATE: Memory spiked and then Overall Load completely spiked and everything crashed. Rebooted and Memory usage seems to be back at a normal state around 22%. No idea what caused that. Tested downloading a new torrent and same thing though. 

Edited by yanksno1
  • yanksno1 changed the title to Torrents won't auto delete
1 hour ago, yanksno1 said:

Yup, they match and seem to be working between sonarr and deluge. It's just when it finishes, it doesn't delete (in sonarr and the original downloaded file after it imports). 

Deluge:

628654561_ScreenShot2021-02-18at11_06_42AM.thumb.png.b689ecb82fb5f876f36a9ac489d80b66.png

Sonarr:

274414814_ScreenShot2021-02-18at11_07_13AM.thumb.png.c0bb741dc0b72634bbb48418e635703c.png

Had to look up what a socks5 proxy was, so def not using that (just straight OpenVPN with Deluge and PIA).

Now my memory usage is up to 99%. Kinda freaking me out haha. 

UPDATE: Memory spiked and then Overall Load completely spiked and everything crashed. Rebooted and Memory usage seems to be back at a normal state around 22%. No idea what caused that. Tested downloading a new torrent and same thing though. 

I think our options are to try the Auto Remove Plus plugin, or, you can venture to the world of NZBs (much much faster, and does in fact auto delete). Otherwise may have to do the ol' manual method or find a script to fill the gap.

@yanksno1ive managed to fix my regular radarr. Waiting on a 4K download to confirm but basically I applied an override on the radarr label to stop seed ratio at 0 seed as a test (I’ll adjust this later) and now radarr is doing it’s thing properly :D

i haven’t applied ‘remove at ratio’

maybe try that? 

I swear I’ve tried this same line of troubleshooting before but for whatever reason it’s behaving tonight

3 minutes ago, yanksno1 said:

@LintHart Glad it's working from you now. What setting is it and where? Just tested a file again and still won't auto delete the torrent (in Deluge) and original file. 

I might sign up for an account with NewsHosting, and use this setup to dive into the world of NZBs. Just a bit weary it'll solve my issue since I'm having it here. 

I’d recommend that setup. Give it a try and let us know what you think. Make sure to turn off deluge in sonarr after you set it up to test it out!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, yanksno1 said:

@LintHart Glad it's working from you now. What setting is it and where? Just tested a file again and still won't auto delete the torrent (in Deluge) and original file. 

I might sign up for an account with NewsHosting, and use this setup to dive into the world of NZBs. Just a bit weary it'll solve my issue since I'm having it here. 

Right click the labels in deluge

3F74B86C-F321-49AA-B55A-ABEB3A9422DD.jpeg

A429E882-22C3-442D-81C4-0D3780A2C52C.jpeg

@LintHart When I tried those on my 2 categories (one for tv-sonarr, one for radarr) it wouldn't import. I'm about to give up there haha. Hopefully it'll start working again one day.

@Rick_Sanchez Able to fully set up everything for usenet! Got NZBGet's network path going through my Deluge VPN setup so that's awesome (minus losing the webui llink). Found a few indexers (def costly, but worth it in my opinion). Download speeds are nice! Now need to find an indexer for some older shows (a couple form '07). Weird one of them did have the 1st 2 seasons for that, but not the last 2. But NZBGet does seem to auto delete and move everything properly. Still wondering what's going on with Delgue.