6.8.3 Docker locking up server, pegging core utilization every few days. Logs attached.

Hey all.

Long time user here. Great community!

Over the last few months, every few days my server becomes unresponsive. When I load the webgui, the dashboard indicates all logical cores are pegged at 100%. I had been solving the symptoms by doing a full reboot, but I've recently realized that stopping/restarting the array will solve it.

Looking at the diag logs, it looks like my Plex Media Server container has something going on around the time I noticed the unresponsiveness starting, though I'm not certain whether that's part of the cause or another symptom of whatever problem lies beneath.

time="2020-12-15T17:14:31.331309190-06:00" level=warning msg="Health check for container ff828a8d930f282396776fe9e827c2f7ee8d7152e0e6a86d5ea83f68305196c9 error: context deadline exceeded: unknown"

If you look at the logs, please note that I noticed the unresponsiveness around 17:00 on 2020-12-15. I can't recall for certain, but in looking at the logs, I'll bet that the last time this occured was around 06:40 on 2020-12-07.

Could anyone help me out with this, please? If consensus is that this should be moved to Docker general or a specific docker container area, please let me know and I will do so (or admins move). I'm not certain that's the cause yet, so I wanted to start here.

Thank you!

elsa-unraid-diagnostics-20201217-0221.zip

5 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Instead of rebooting try stopping the dockers one by to see if you find the culprit, but it does look like it's Plex.

That is the ID of the Plex container in question.

Any guidance on how I might determine why this is happening every few days? My Plex server only streams to my local network these days and this often occurs overnight when no one is streaming.

• 1 month later...