Can't connect to UNRAID unless the onboard NIC is connected, despite being connected with add-in NIC

Can't connect to UNRAID unless there is a LAN cable plugged into the onboard NIC, after configuring a (second NIC) 10gb NIC.  I have set a static address to both and disabled bonding.  Each NIC has a separate IP in the same subnet.  For some reason, if I unplug the Onboard NIC, I cannot reconnect to the UnRAID server.  While it is disconnected, I get nothing.....and I can't even ping the static IP of the 10gb connection.  Even though all the lights on the NIC are illuminated and I see the connection on the switch.

If I plug back in the onboard connection, I can then magically ping everything (and access the WebGUI) on both addresses.  Pinging "unraid" returns the IP of the 10gb connection (as desired)

I have UnRAID 6.8.3 installed on a computer with a on-board 1gb NIC.  I have installed a 10gb NIC in the same machine. 

My outcome would be to connect via the 10gb connection only.  I do not want the onboard NIC to be connected.

I appreciate and help.

• 4 weeks later...

This problem is still here to some degree.  I followed the recommendations of Vr2lo above.  With the 10g NIC swapped out as eth0 and the 1G NIC as eth1.  eth1 disconnected and "disabled", I have no access to the internet from the UNRAID or any VM/Container.  (Pings and Traceroutes to LAN devices come back fine, Pings and Traceroutes on the Public Internet timeout) I can connect to it via the LAN and see all the shares, however it cannot get to the internet.  As soon as I plug back in the 1g NIC and enable it, all of the internet connectivity is restored, however when I navigate to "//UNRIAD" it is using the 1g NIC again (not the 10g).  I feel like there are some settings that UNRAID is not "letting go" of the 1g NIC.

As a UNRAID Noob, any suggestions would be helpful.

But I haven't any problem ( include Internet ), I swap Unraid to a new motherboard yesterday also same.

10 hours ago, TheWoodser said:

Pings and Traceroutes to LAN devices come back fine, Pings and Traceroutes on the Public Internet timeout

If local haven't problem, then suppose problem in network rather then Unraid.

Pls capture Network setting screen for ref.

Edited by Vr2Io

Then you have two bridge br0 (eth0) and br1 (eth1), for example, if unplug eth1 then all container/docker under this bridge will lost Internet.

On 12/18/2020 at 10:11 AM, Vr2Io said:

You must setting the 10G NIC be eth0 ( management LAN ), 1G will be eth1. Then best bond them in active-failover, so whatever either available, you can access too.

bond and bridge eth0+eth1, that's all.

Edited by Vr2Io
1 hour ago, Vr2Io said:

Then you have two bridge br0 (eth0) and br1 (eth1), for example, if unplug eth1 then all container/docker under this bridge will lost Internet.

bond and bridge eth0+eth1, that's all.

When I turn on bonding, I only have the option to select the interface it is currently on.   For example Eth0 only has a eth0 in the bonding drop down.  Shouldn't I select the other NIC in this box?  This is with bonding "on" both interfaces.

image.thumb.png.d8a0494b2ddb75a230a0dbb3c78201b6.png

Edited by TheWoodser