unRAID Server Release 5.0-beta3 Available

limetech

Great all my share is visible in my W7  ;D

I'm glad that worked out for you. It also explains why my shares worked off the bat as I came from a 5.0 beta 2 setup and did not need to invoke the newperms script. However, it seems as others have reported, there's an issue with invoking the NewPerms script via the webGui.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also try to add AFP to one of may shares to use it with the timemachine, but I got the same issue I have with NFS. The webinteface just die after enable AFP to a share.

I remove the timemachine.cfg  from/boot/config/shares and restart with  /usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

So we will see if the NFS and AFP is fixed in beta 4 ;)

TimeMachine appears to be working well, just running a first backup now.

May I ask how you were setting this up? I have a TimeMachine share with 3 backup files for the respective Mac's from my previous 4.7 installation including TM support. This is the well known HOWTO: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=4521.0)

With 5.0-Beta3 I exported this same share via AFP (TM enabled) as Private and gave read/write permission for all 3 users.

The issue is that the TM volume is not showing up on the desktop, hence TM volume is not accessible.

Maybe the usage us /usr/local/sbin/newperms is also helping to get TimeMachine running (Invoking the script from the webinterface wasn't working for me either by the way).

Overall I´m getting full access to all files on my unRAID server - with AFP and with SMB and from Mac OSX as well as from my Win7 (under VMWare Fusion). But TM and NFS are the only things not working for me. Let's see if newperms is doing the trick.

So a big THANK YOU for the great job around serving the Mac OSX community with AFP  :)

The end user interface is just great.

I don't want to hold up -beta4, but would like to mention that there is an update to SCST (to v2.0.0.1) in mid January, that purports to deal with certain crashes and performance issues.  (Announcement here with download link.)

I found this while trying to research some of the system crashes or hangs I've noticed, whose common factor was the mvsas/SCST modules (used by the 1430's I believe?).  I've also seen some reporting that with the kernel v2.6.37, they are finally seeing error-free operation with cards requiring the mvsas/SCST modules.

I don't want to hold up -beta4, but would like to mention that there is an update to SCST (to v2.0.0.1) in mid January, that purports to deal with certain crashes and performance issues.  (Announcement here with download link.)

I found this while trying to research some of the system crashes or hangs I've noticed, whose common factor was the mvsas/SCST modules (used by the 1430's I believe?).  I've also seen some reporting that with the kernel v2.6.37, they are finally seeing error-free operation with cards requiring the mvsas/SCST modules.

I'm no longer using SCST.

I'm no longer using SCST.

Thank you!!!  SCST makes a mess of the syslog!

RobJ...

I'm linking to this page: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=6806.msg102381#msg102381 where you state that if any of your drives on 4.7 have HPA, they need to be removed.. I'm just thinking..

I believe the 2 drives I have that aren't being detected by 5.0-beta3 (but work fine in beta2) have HPA enabled. Would this be a cause for it? Should I be following the procedure listed to use the HDAT2 tool to wipe the HPA partition?

Best,

RobJ...

I'm linking to this page: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=6806.msg102381#msg102381 where you state that if any of your drives on 4.7 have HPA, they need to be removed.. I'm just thinking..

I believe the 2 drives I have that aren't being detected by 5.0-beta3 (but work fine in beta2) have HPA enabled. Would this be a cause for it? Should I be following the procedure listed to use the HDAT2 tool to wipe the HPA partition?

Best,

HPA has nothing to do with it.  This issue is fixed in -beta4.

I should not have been so definitive about that, as obviously I have not seen every upgrading user's syslog.  I modified that statement to indicate that it depends on whether unRAID v4.7 complains about any drives being the wrong size.  Although we have heard from a few with the Gigabyte HPA that were reported to be the wrong size, we don't know if others had an HPA but had no problems on upgrading.

In your situation, I really don't know as you have not reported any HPA, as far as I know.  Plus, an HPA would not 'hide' a drive, just possibly cause it to appear the wrong size.  I searched but did not find any syslogs posted by you, and that is the most important thing you can provide.  I believe that somewhere you may have mentioned that on different boots you would get a different set of drives appear?  If that is true, it would be useful to see multiple syslogs, that show differing drive sets.  But this should be moved to a separate thread ...

Edit: I think we will find that as Tom said, you are suffering from the same issue as others here, fixed in -beta4.

Try the following command, it will take a while to finish.

/usr/local/sbin/newperms

It should also be noted that there's still a slight issue if it's invoked directly on a share or file with a space in the name. The fix is to place double-quotes "" around $1 on line 11 as such:

if [ -e "$1" ] ; then

Worked great for me too, had some share problems with some of my PCs but not others, this has sorted it all out.

EDIT: Created a new folder in my Movies share with my Windows 7 desktop, but was unable to access it on any of the other PCs on my network.  Rerunning usr/local/sbin/newperms fixed the issue.  Very much looking forward to the next beta release and eventually the stable version 5,

Yes, it has been replaced.

To go to sleep, the following worked on my server

echo -n mem >/sys/power/state

Of course, I've never been able to wake it up, but I've always been able to put it to sleep. ;D

I can confirm that S3 is working on my server with the command Joe stated above,tested 2 times.

//Peter

I want to say that my suspend an waking have been working great during the last week, using this script s3_notHrHdTcpIp.sh

I am using AFP and have a share with two users assigned. One user with read/write and one user with only read permissions. I had to run the newperms script manually since it did not work from the gui. All files and folders now have user:group nobody:users and folder permissions are set to drwxr-xr-x and file permissions seem to be all over the place - some have -rw-rw---- others have -rw-rwS---.

From the Finder I am no longer able to change folder names or file names, nor can I delete folders or files. Has anyone else had this problem?

Samba works correctly: I can both change and delete files/folders.

I also try to add AFP to one of may shares to use it with the timemachine, but I got the same issue I have with NFS. The webinteface just die after enable AFP to a share.

I remove the timemachine.cfg  from/boot/config/shares and restart with  /usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

So we will see if the NFS and AFP is fixed in beta 4 ;)

Update, the AFP is OK on my share, using (Timemachine option) but the issue is when using NFS, the web interface die, but that is perhaps solved in the new beta-4, that I hopefully will be available later today  ;D

EDIT

Time Machine finds the share, and is doing a backup right now.  ;D

EDIT 2

Some thing is not working with TM, it was started and now it's stopped  on "Calculating changes..."

See attached file ( latest rows from my syslog)

I didn't have so my patience  ;D now it starting back up my files  ;)

//Peter

//Peter

syslog-AFP-TM.txt

Of course, I've never been able to wake it up, but I've always been able to put it to sleep. ;D

I can confirm that S3 is working on my server with the command Joe stated above,tested 2 times.

//Peter

I want to say that my suspend an waking have been working great during the last week, using this script s3_notHrHdTcpIp.sh

Where can I download the s3_notHrHdTcpIp.sh script?

//Peter

I can't get sleep working with the new comand but then again I couldn't get it working with the old one.  Finally discovered s2ram and installed it and all is working perfectly.

Just need to get a script together now to automate it all.

Peter is there a chance you could upload yours so I could have a look please, I'd really appreciate it if you gave me some directions on how to use it too.

EDIT:  Just seen your post above!!! Ignore me, sorry!

ATB

Neil

PS.  Am I the only one finding the interface with 5.0b3, especially when using unMENU, a lot more responsive.

If you have installed the s2-ram , then you need to change the script

Replace echo -n 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep or echo -n mem >/sys/power/state with /boot/custom/bin/s2ram -f -p -m

You perhaps need to change the folder to where you have installed the s2-ram  ;)

More info here -> http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=3657.msg50365#msg50365

And add the below line to your go file, but remember to change your path to the script  ;)

/boot/custom/bin/s3_notHrHdTcpIp.sh & #| at now + 1 minute

@JOE and TOM

Joe, the 2 below excellent scripts, can these be invoked in version 5 in a different way its now, (starting from the go file)

But I don't know if they are working in V5, did these scripts perhaps be modified to work on V5 ?

Great if these function/settings also could be made fro the GUI  ;D the goal must be that all settings in all script is done from the GUI, so we don't need working from the promt, it would be so much more user friendly.

spinup_when_accessed -> http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=4858.0

cache_dirs -> http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=4500.0

//Peter