Win 10 vm only 100Gbps

mrbilky

Any pointers on why? I went into network settings, advance settings no option for speed change, looked at my switch for port config reports 1000Gbps link - full disclosure this vm is solely for Blue Iris maybe the cameras are the reason don't sound right though seems to me to be a driver issue? Using the latest virtio drivers oh and this is a vanilla install of windows no license yet could it be that? I bow to your superior intellect on this one😂

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Man, I wish I could afford a 100Gbps connection. The jump to 10Gbps was pricey enough.

Seriously though, it's just telling you that the virtio connection isn't limited the normal way, it's all done with emulation so the network communication is limited by the rest of the hardware, not the virtual ethernet connection.

It's kinda funny reading your title of "only" though.🤣

54 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Man, I wish I could afford a 100Gbps connection. The jump to 10Gbps was pricey enough.

Seriously though, it's just telling you that the virtio connection isn't limited the normal way, it's all done with emulation so the network communication is limited by the rest of the hardware, not the virtual ethernet connection.

It's kinda funny reading your title of "only" though.🤣

Yeah I can't complain about "only" in the context of the bigger picture but the rest of my network and gear run 1000Gbps not that it gets that but this seems like a bottleneck somewhere, I did move my windows key over to the vm but no change also having issue with Blue Iris license key not persistent after reboot have to keep re-adding it to remove the watermark, I'm a newb with vm's my only other vm is homeassistant and that has been incredibly stable so I thought I'd move my Blue Iris instance over to my unRAID server since it was the only service running on my 8 core Ryzen machine that has a GTX1080 in It definitely an underutilized machine and costing me power