disk assignment without data loss

Acu

Hi i have problem. 

I restored the USB drive from the backup but my disk configuration disappeared. 

I know where the disks belong thanks to the Disk Location plugin, but I don't know how to run the array so that I don't lose data.

I'm scared by the sentence at the parity disk - All existing data on this device will be OVERWRITTEN when array is Started

Should I check that the parity is valid and start the field?

disks.PNG

parrity is valid.PNG

10 hours ago, JorgeB said:

If parity was valid and you check that box it won't be overwritten, good to run a parity check anyway.

So I ran the array without losing data.
But I have a problem with dockers. I have backups and I tried to restore them but I don't see dockers.
I don't know what to do anymore and I'm sending diagnostics ... can anyone help me please?

acu-tower-diagnostics-20201221-0034.zip

10 hours ago, Acu said:

I restored the USB drive from the backup but my disk configuration disappeared. 

Your disks assignments are in config/super.dat on the flash drive. If this was a flash backup made by CA Backup plugin, that plugin renames super.dat so you won't accidentally start up with the wrong disk assignments in case you had changed them since the backup was made.

Some people have reused a parity disk for a data disk then later used an old backup that thought their old parity was still parity and so it starting overwriting the data with parity.

You have to rename that file back to super.dat so Unraid will use it.

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

Could you give more details about this? How were they backed up? What did you do to try to restore them? You don't see the Dockers tab, or there are no dockers on that tab, or what?

But now I have a problem with dockers.

It all came about because I wanted to create a cache pool, but I couldn't do it according to some instructions and all my applications disappeared.
Then I just tried to restore the flash and I had that problem with the array. But it is already solved and the array is fine.

I don't see dockable panels on the dashobard.
I'm sending some photos.

1.PNG

2.PNG