Pike 2008 and Z9PA-U8 Mobo

Hi folks,

I just set up a Z9PA-U8 and was using an Adaptec 2405 Raid Controller using 4 8TB hard drives in a RAID10 configuration. The primary purpose of the array is to provide backup storage for the server. Since the Adaptec card only supports 3GB speed I bought an ASUS Pike 2008 controller. Before installing the card I made the necessary jumper and BIOS changes in order to see the new card. When the RAID bios loads it shows the "Internal" Megaraid controller (which I didn't know existed) but not the PIKE card. What do I need to do to enable the Z9PA-U8 to see and configure the card? I downloaded the latest firmware and drivers from the ASUS website but I didn't see any files that would allow the card to be managed from Windows Server 2012r2 (something like the Adaptec Storage Manager). There doesn't seem to be any useful information about this card on the ASUS website. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a safe and great holiday!

Jon

Edited by jsmorada
23 hours ago, jsmorada said:

When the RAID bios loads it shows the "Internal" Megaraid controller (which I didn't know existed) but not the PIKE card.

This is PKIE card and it's BIOS run in Megaraid mode, you can add disks to form some disk RAID pool, but this may lost Unraid native control for disks and hard to maintain if controller have change.

Best way was search on forum to flash it to IT HBA. Pls ref. how to flash 9240 be 9211.

7 hours ago, jsmorada said:

I realize that but this question is not whether to use RAID or not but to get the mobo to see the card.

You already told us the motherboard sees the card.

On 12/20/2020 at 11:09 AM, jsmorada said:

When the RAID bios loads it shows the "Internal" Megaraid controller

That's what the PIKE card is.