New Movies being written are showing up as base folder and also as share

Ok - so this shows all the shares (typically) but I have no idea what I did yesterday where the last two movies are showing up in the file explorer

image.thumb.png.e789e8806d47a53732bc93a6b19e75f7.png

I don't see as a newly created share nor does anything seem wrong.  Its showing up in the Movies share as per normal.   I'm just wondering why its showing up here now.  i've included diagnositcs.  

skynet-diagnostics-20201220-1528.zip

Edited by cbr600ds2
Fix didn't work
6 hours ago, Squid said:

It's something misconfigured within say Radarr / Sabnzbd that's creating the folder at /mnt/user

Actually I'm looking at it via the terminal built in Unraid and those are totally different files.  I'm actually trying to delete the folders but I can't find it anywhere.   the /mnt/user seems to be my cache drive and that part of the SAB is working properly.  I have it download to a completed folder that is on the cache drive.  Then FB will do its thing and move it to a TBC folder to be converted by Handbrake....

4 minutes ago, cbr600ds2 said:

/mnt/user seems to be my cache drive

/mnt/user is all of your user shares, which is all of the top level folders on cache and array.

Looking in your Diagnostics it seems you have .cfg files for 52 different user shares with various names though many of them no longer exist as actual user shares. Probably these all got created when you accidentally created folders in /mnt/user or /mnt/cache or /mnt/disk1 or ...

In the Unraid webUI, go to Shares - User Shares and post a screenshot.

1 minute ago, trurl said:

/mnt/user is all of your user shares, which is all of the top level folders on cache and array.

Looking in your Diagnostics it seems you have .cfg files for 52 different user shares with various names though many of them no longer exist as actual user shares. Probably these all got created when you accidentally created folders in /mnt/user or /mnt/cache or /mnt/disk1 or ...

In the Unraid webUI, go to Shares - User Shares and post a screenshot.

image.thumb.png.80caf658e6b2936bda7cdafe2a320f53.png

These are set (sort of) how I want it to be set up.   Is there a way to delete all those other shares that you see?  

They aren't really shares since they have no contents. They are just .cfg files leftover from shares that were created. It does make it difficult to figure out what shares you actually have though when we are looking at your diagnostics. These share .cfg files are on your flash drive in config/shares.

From the command line, what do you get with this?

ls -lah /mnt/user

45 minutes ago, trurl said:

They aren't really shares since they have no contents. They are just .cfg files leftover from shares that were created. It does make it difficult to figure out what shares you actually have though when we are looking at your diagnostics. These share .cfg files are on your flash drive in config/shares.

From the command line, what do you get with this?

ls -lah /mnt/user

It's the root of my cache drive.  

image.png.219f880c0710cd7b1fa6b58cae976289.png

and then this is what I'm seeing - (explorer wise)

image.png.575d7d81487a1a44d5578ccd7f6f0b12.png

Do you think if I go through and delete the cfg files it would screw anything up? 

There is definitely something (almost certainly a docker container) misconfigured as your cache drive should only have folders that correspond to shares - never top level files as your screenshot shows.

Deleting files from the config/shares folder on the flash drive does no damage except that if you delete one that really corresponds to a share the system will later automatically recreate it with default values for the share.   While you have anything misconfigured to be creating top level folders on the cache drive then you will continue to get superfluous share configuration files as the system automatically assumed any top level folder on any drive is to be treated as a User Share.

9 hours ago, cbr600ds2 said:

It's the root of my cache drive. 

It's the root of your user shares, which includes cache as I already explained above:

10 hours ago, trurl said:

8 hours ago, itimpi said:

There is definitely something (almost certainly a docker container) misconfigured as your cache drive should only have folders that correspond to shares - never top level files as your screenshot shows.

What he said

18 hours ago, itimpi said:

Deleting files from the config/shares folder on the flash drive does no damage except that if you delete one that really corresponds to a share the system will later automatically recreate it with default values for the share.   While you have anything misconfigured to be creating top level folders on the cache drive then you will continue to get superfluous share configuration files as the system automatically assumed any top level folder on any drive is to be treated as a User Share.

It won't recreate the file/share cfg with values already in the system or no?  Would you recommend to delete all of the files in that folder then?  I'm guaranteeing its Radarr because it never did this when I wasn't using Radarr.  

Edited by cbr600ds2

The .cfg files in config/shares are just the settings you have made for each of those user shares. As mentioned, some of those don't actually exist anymore. But the .cfg files stick around.

If you delete those that belong to actual user shares, then those user shares will have default settings (highwater, 0 minimum, split any, include all, cache-no)

How can I delete these files off the drive?  Can't right click t delete because there's no options and I tried deletng from radarr and then deleted radarr but its still there

So I see all the weird .cfg files.   Those are all movie files. If I delete do You think they'll actually link to the data files?  

Edited by cbr600ds2

I doubt radarr has access to flash, so no point in trying to delete from radarr, that was my point. 

Those .cfg files are on your flash because you accidentally created user shares. Delete them or not it doesn't really matter to the reason you are accidentally creating user shares and until you fix that you will continue to accidentally create user shares. 

21 hours ago, trurl said:

I doubt radarr has access to flash, so no point in trying to delete from radarr, that was my point. 

Those .cfg files are on your flash because you accidentally created user shares. Delete them or not it doesn't really matter to the reason you are accidentally creating user shares and until you fix that you will continue to accidentally create user shares. 

So it did it again when I moved movies from my cache/play drive into movies.  It added it as a share - I looked at the settings on my Movies share and it looks correct but maybe I'm not seeing it right. 

image.thumb.png.0b6fd1ca541d54f4899bcefdaa5166be.png

So its supposed to be in movies (duh, right?) this is the share settings. which looks right to me but obviously something is jacked up.   Thoughts? 

image.png

Do you think its a weird Samba issue when I mapped the network drive to the movies share?  

Edited by cbr600ds2
  • 2 weeks later...

These are my shares - I'm trying to put it into a folder (transition) because if the movie shows up as a folder it creates a share for it.  If it

image.thumb.png.f9fee6180d8640632a34d1759f6de4b0.png

I have Sab download and put the completed files into the Complete Usershare.  from there Filebot automatically grabs it, changes the name and dumps the completed file into the TBC folder.   I used to have Handbrake then encode the file and just dump it into the cache root share.  I'm trying to write it to the transition share to see if that was it. 

From the cache share I would create a folder for the file using files2folder and then move it (using explorer) to the Movies share.  I'm thinking that having an actual folder into this root cache drive is what creates the share cfg file.   I originally thought it was the read/write access but obviously that wasn't it.