Fix common problems: Out Of Memory errors detected on your server

BBenja

Hello,

the last two days, I got the error 'Your server has run out of memory, and processes (potentially required) are being killed off. You should post your diagnostics and ask for assistance on the unRaid forums'  twice.

Therefore, I thought it is best to ask here.

Some background: my existing drives were very low on space, I added a new one and used the unbalance script to move some data.

Other then that, I didn't make any changes.

Thanks in advance!

mule-diagnostics-20201221-0853.zip

Edited by BBenja

Looks like your cache also filled at some point but wasn't full when the diagnostics were taken.

Looks like plex was OOMed at some point though it isn't clear it is the culprit. How much RAM are you giving to VMs?

Why do you have your system share (and so docker.img and libvirt.img) on the array? These will keep array disks spunup since they are always open.

38 minutes ago, trurl said:

like your cache also filled at some point but wasn't full when the diagnostics were taken.

Looks like plex was OOMed at some point though it isn't clear it is the culprit. How much RAM are you giving to VMs?

Why do you have your system share (and so docker.img and libvirt.img) on the array? These will keep array disks spunup since they are always open.

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, cache filled up because I transfered a lot of data from my computer to the unraid server (and didn't disable cache / didnt enable fast read).

About the VM: I created a VM for testing purposes, but it was disabled ever since. So I though it doesn't effect anything.