6.7.2, keep losing "other" rwx permissions on folders.

je82

I cannot for the life of me understand why unraid keeps changing my folder permissions from

drwxrwxrwx+ 1 nobody users

to

drwxrwx---+ 1 nobody users

At first i though this was due to rsync being run with faulty flags but it appears it just happened when i was experimenting accessing a folder from windows via SMB and no rsync was ran.

Here's exactly what i did.

1. I SSH into my unraid, go to /mnt/user/Backup

2. I check folder permissions within /mnt/user/Backup using ls -l

They come out like this:

image.png.36a899784638648e14176e13a30229af.png

I see that "Other Backup" drwxrwxrwx.

3. I use my windows machine and put UNC path into run \\NAS\Backup\Other Backup\

4. Once inside the folder with explorer i attempt to create a new folder, i get permissions denied.

5. I Now try to refresh the \\NAS\Backup\Other Backup\ path but i get permission denied.

6. I open my SSH terminal once more and do ls -l and now the "Other Backup" folder has permission drwxrwx---+ and i can no longer access it:

image.png.96769ca53d8685ab041306e5887af259.png

What exactly could be causing this? Its driving me nuts because the backups fail to run whenever this happens, is it a particular bug in 6.7.2 that went unpatched or what is causing this? It keeps happening at complete random and now i am 100% certain it has nothing to do with the rsync scripts, it also happens when i access via smb.

Please help, it has been causing me issues for over 3 months, it only happens to folders, file permissions remain.

11 hours ago, remotevisitor said:

Not sure what is going wrong in your case.

I notice in your screenshots there is a "+" after their permissions which suggests there are some additional special access permissions such as ACL.

Are you possibly using Active Directory on your SMB connection?

No active directory, but i have setup the same credential user/pass for my windows user on this computer as on the unraid installation and given that user permission to the share, the shares configuration is "Private" with Read/Write access to my specific windows user.

image.png.5135becbd17a34d37c3186ef95b3daa7.png

All ideas welcome.

• 2 months later...