[Plugin] USB_Manager

SimonF

I've turned on hub processing... Noticed Status: Stopped with

Enable USB on Dashboard: Disbaled
Enable USB Manager Hotplug on VM page: Disbaled

Enable HUB Processing: Enabled

Enable USBIP: Disabled

I was disabling pfBlockerNG pretty close to the time of the 2nd Incedent, clould tell something was going wrong when unraid gui was not in dark mode. But to be honest I was doing a lot of network settings trying to get a few sub-domains through HAProxy as well as moving data around to set up 2 new cache pools.

Also remembered another feature request when "Display Settings" -> Page View is set to "Tabbed" could have the "Port and Historical Device Mappings" be in it's own tab to reflect how the rest of unraids GUI works.

On 1/14/2022 at 6:41 AM, SimonF said:

Would people prefer hover over text for Serial numbers or a toggle to hide serial number. Hover example.

image.thumb.png.20e56eacee52f9b989489e2f5dad3863.png

Didn't know you were going to do both, My vote is "toggle" as this will show all for quick reference and the hide for screenshots as I know people like to sratch out the info when helping people.

I was having a cache pool issue, where I was trying to move a share from one pool to another...

But when starting mover, mover would move 1 file to the old cache pool and then seem to freeze...
So I used the New Config Tool...
Above was all that was changed before rebooting, System was stable with USB Manager

( I Don't Shut down my VM very often, AMD reset bug... Habbit ...Even though it's suppose to be fixed in 6.10)

Started a VM and with in a minute VM freezes... upon rebooting found VM Manager is set to no...

The only way to get VM up stable was to remove USB Manager and reinstall it...

I tried just deleting historical devices... Starting VM and re-attaching... VM freezes and I'm forced to reboot system.

I confirmed this 4 more time today... the only way is to delete the plugin folders... Reinstall then it's stable...
Something about a restart or config change... And USB Manager holding old info...

posting this now... VM is up with Mouse Keyboard attached with VM Template... going to install plugin and attach more devices...
...I'll Edit post with result.

Warning: parse_ini_file(/boot/config/domain.cfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager/include/libvirt_helpers.php on line 503

SETTINGPORTCLASSVENDOR:PRODUCT.

I'm still running, but not for long... This was the error that a caught when trying to add one of the USB devices... and at the bottom left... where array started is... "starting services..." repeating over and over

This never happened before, this is all since the cache pool changed... It may be the one USB device...

Edited by CIA

I needed my system up today... So I was unable to do any more troubleshooting...

I'm Stable with Keyboard and Mouse attached from VM Template...
And having USB Manager attaching 5 other Devices and 1 Port (Hub).

I excluded the one that caused the last lockup.

unraid-usb-roothub.thumb.png.a8bdfb8c5eaa7d9fd3b982afc4aef572.png

The last lockup was while attaching the Wave-3 to the VM... It shares the same roothub as unraid...
Will try adding this device later tonight... I've been stable since last post.
As for diagnostics, I took a peek at a few and there's personal info attached to some of the VM templates, Ect...
System had already been restarted with USB Manager Removed...

Edited by CIA
4 hours ago, CIA said:

I needed my system up today... So I was unable to do any more troubleshooting...

I'm Stable with Keyboard and Mouse attached from VM Template...
And having USB Manager attaching 5 other Devices and 1 Hub.

I excluded the one that caused the last lockup.

unraid-usb-roothub.thumb.png.a8bdfb8c5eaa7d9fd3b982afc4aef572.png

The last lockup was while attaching the Wave-3 to the VM... It shares the same roothub as unraid...
Will try adding this device later tonight... I've been stable since last post.
As for diagnostics, I took a peek at a few and there's personal info attached to some of the VM templates, Ect...
System had already been restarted with USB Manager Removed...

Thanks for the info how are you attaching the hub? QEMU doesn't support hubs being passed through so the new nub processing should process each device attached to that hub. But this will only happen if you have hub processing enabled, maybe there is an issue with that processing on your system if you are using.

I am looking for syslog mainly from Diags, but as you have rebooted it wont be any use, unless you write the flash or external syslog server.

Happy for you to PM me any info you dont want to post.

Running config files are in the tmp dir and state file is in /usr/local/.......

root@unraid:/tmp/usb_manager/config# ls
remote_usbip.cfg  usb_manager.cfg  vm_mappings.cfg
root@unraid:/tmp/usb_manager/config# ls /usr/local/emhttp/state/usb.ini 
/usr/local/emhttp/state/usb.ini

Edited by SimonF

I meant port... The port the device is attached to...

This device only passes through while the port is passed... and not with the device method...

usb-hub.thumb.png.5cde88f2fb88fc7c2bb85a6091e61e84.png

In the image I set both cause I was unsure if it was the issue, and I needed it.

And as stated, I deleted the folders, cause it was the only way I knew to get VM back up and running /w the USB Manager again.
I'm attempting to get graylogs functioning for unraid and dockers... as I do for pfsense and unifi...
Something about the network interface and "Host access to custom networks: " needing to be enabled...

Which I'm looking into, I have all dockers set with 2 different vlans and IPs... this should have been enough.

I will create a script to backup those files when the issue happens again.

Edited by CIA
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, letrain said:

not sure if its because of resent updates on the RC branch but the clicking the "Attach" button does nothing. it sees my server, and my devices, but clicking attach does nothing.

Thanks for reporting I will look into it. Was working fine on Internal rc3 releases.

38 minutes ago, SimonF said:

Thanks for reporting I will look into it. Was working fine on Internal rc3 releases.

i'm on rc3....  i uploaded my diagnostics just in case. i'm not sure whats going on. i thought it might of been dynamix plugin of some kind. i recently installed his file manager and wasn't sure if something with the gui messed up... i've used your usb plugin before. i was trying out virtualhere so i removed all the usb stuff. now i've readded. is there anything else i can send over that could help? it could just be my server setup? i followed the wiki. i added them to usbip-bind@hardware:id.service instead of 1-1.2 this time. not sure if thats the issue. i can see them just clicking attach nothing happens.

thanks!

edit : just saw fix common problems plugin is throwing an error at me.

Screenshot 2022-03-13 14.22.20.png

tower-diagnostics-20220313-1417.zip

Screenshot 2022-03-13 14.27.19.png

Edited by letrain
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Looking for some beta testers. I have changed the state file processing to use a new key of BUS and DEV rather than serial number. It is working as expected on my systems.

This is to make the system to be able to support devices of the same make/model and serial number within a system. This will only support mapping by ports for those types of devices.

You need to remove the current plugin and install from this link.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SimonFair/USB_Manager/main/usb_managerv2beta.plg

You should not see any difference and the status should remain in tack.

I'll give this a try on Thrusday when I stay after work to do server updates. It may solve an issue with VM's in Unraid not responding to logitech wireless keyboard and mouse when the monitor goes to sleep. The current solution is to move the usb receiver to a different port on the usb hub and they system wakes up and responds. This also happens intermittantly so it's been hard to troubleshoot.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Again

UPDATE: This seem to be a problem in the way Unraid detects the Conbee2 stick USB in 6.10 releases 

This would be really cool if the "USB Manager" could fix this?

If the USB manager could resolve the Conbee serial ID and create the correct device path?

OLD POST

I just upgraded from 6.9.2 -> 6.10.RC4

And I only using this plugin to passthrough USB to my HAssio VM but it seems it dosent work in 6.10.RC4?

But the error I have after reboot is this:

kernel: usb 1-1: usbfs: process 17779 (qemu-system-x86) did not claim interface 1 before use

Its filling up and have been running since my reboot

Again thanks for this great plugin! Thinking about rooling back it work 100% in 6.9.2

image.thumb.png.e2af5f04476028c1ff765adaf08bca8c.png

Edited by casperse

Hello, I'm utilizing the hotplug feature to connect a Conbee II to my Hassio VM. What setting(s) would I need to select to persist the USB connection when restarting home assistant or the VM itself? Right now it's disconnecting automatically on reboots. 

Side note - Apologies if this is really straightforward. I'm really struggling with the terminology in the plugin and have searched longer than I should admit to accomplish this, nor can I find a guide, help text, or a help video online to explain how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

7 hours ago, ThatTallGuy21 said:

Hello, I'm utilizing the hotplug feature to connect a Conbee II to my Hassio VM. What setting(s) would I need to select to persist the USB connection when restarting home assistant or the VM itself? Right now it's disconnecting automatically on reboots. 

Side note - Apologies if this is really straightforward. I'm really struggling with the terminology in the plugin and have searched longer than I should admit to accomplish this, nor can I find a guide, help text, or a help video online to explain how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Are you using the hotplug from my plugin or the libvirt version. If you have installed USB manager you should have USB on the menu bar. Within that page you will see the each usb dev there is an icon for the port or device mapping. Click on the option and set the slider to connect on VM start.

Edited by SimonF