Gpu's not listed in vm tab anymore

jonfive

Hey folks, i went to edit and add more memory to some of my vms and realized that i can't choose a gpu anymore. the only option is vnc.
I know there was a kerfuffle with the unraid-nvidia plugin, but i'm not sure if that's my issue or not.

the plugin is still installed and gpu's are working in dockers, just not listed as an option for a vm. 

Same thing with both linux and windows vms, nothing but vnc listed.

Currently on unraid 6.8.3, but would consider the rc of 6.9 if it's necessary to get the cards accessible to vms.

Gpus are seen in nvidia-smi, system devices and what's left of the unraid nvidia plugin.

image.png.fde70e3dbdcea2d1a1ce2851ab1e2a46.png
image.png.6847b88cd0bf93f3bb9c98fcf4bb5d25.png
image.png.178be2414b011cb5dffb32e3e1b21752.pngimage.thumb.png.2bbfd685671b34833bb90ce825460d40.png

8 minutes ago, jonfive said:

the plugin is still installed and gpu's are working in dockers, just not listed as an option for a vm. 

If you want to use them in a VM, then they have to be isolated from the OS, and since they're usable within a container, they aren't.  Tools - System Devices to isolate them.

10 minutes ago, Squid said:

If you want to use them in a VM, then they have to be isolated from the OS, and since they're usable within a container, they aren't.  Tools - System Devices to isolate them.

I don't seem to have an option to do anything but list devices in tools>system devices. the only button is "done". (array spun down as well)
am i missing something perhaps? is that a 6.9 feature?

Edited by jonfive
clarifying
7 minutes ago, Squid said:

Actually, sorry I forgot that the VFIO plugin isn't built-in on 6.8.3  Install it via the Apps tab to make life easier

It doesn't say no iommu groups available, vtd is enabled, bios updated as well (thanks for the reminder ;) ) 
I got the plugin, but it only shows group 0 when building a config.

I assume they're in two groups due to the way they're listed, but i'm not 100% on that.

It's just so weird because it worked just a few months ago using windows and handbrake to convert videos to hevc.

Screenshot 2020-12-24 224542.png