Logs flooded with "PME: Spurious Native Interrupt" since upgrading to 6.9.0-rc2

cferrey

Hello,

After upgrading to 6.9.0-rc2, my logs are now getting flooded with this message:

kernel: pcieport 0000:16:00.0: PME: Spurious native interrupt!

The above message is flooded to /var/log/syslog many times per second, causing my log capacity to hit 100% within a few days. 

Device 0000:16:00.0 is the following: 16:00.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sky Lake-E PCI Express Root Port A (rev 04)

I think this may be an issue related to the new Linux kernel included in this release, but I've been unable to find anything more than bare-bones info online about this error message.  I do have several Nvidia cards in my PCIe slots, and am using "both" for my ACS override option, but this error message starts immediately at boot before the Docker or VM engines have come online.  Seems it may be related to a power management issue with these cards, but as the device referenced is just my PCIe root I haven't been able to figure out anything more specific.

Desperate to find a way to fix this, even if it means simply suppressing the logging of these messages.  Everything is working fine, so it's really just the issue of the log getting spammed.

Thank you so much in advance, and happy holidays!

Edited by cferrey
  • 3 months later...

Did you ever find the root cause on this?

I attempted an upgrade to 6.9.1 recently and encountered the same issue. My device throwing the error is:

00:1b.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Cannon Lake PCH PCI Express Root Port #17 (rev f0)

I've done a bit of searching and haven't come up with any solid hits. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I am new to unraid, i have setup my server and i started to move content when suddenly server stop working, restarted and i saw the error

I tried restart again but the errors are still there.

my logs are full with this --> Apr 26 06:48:06 Galaxy kernel: pcieport 0000:00:01.3: PME: Spurious native interrupt!.

My server is ryzen 1700 with msi motheroboard

Thank you

galaxy-syslog-20210426-1349.zip

• 10 months later...

Hallo community,

I regularly find the following information in the log files of my unraid server:

Feb 25 17:37:02 Andromeda kernel: pcieport 0000:00:1d.1: PME: Spurious native interrupt!

Feb 25 17:37:10 Andromeda kernel: pcieport 0000:00:1d.1: Intel SPT PCH root port ACS workaround enabled

My logs are full with this.

The motherboard is a

Supermicro X11SSL-F, Version 1.01
American Megatrends Inc., Version 2.6
BIOS Datum: Samstag, 12-06-2021

The CPU is a

Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1275 v5 @ 3.60GHz

Everything is working fine. Is there a way to fix this. My diagnostic files are attached.

Thank you

Greetings

ThoBiKi

andromeda-diagnostics-20220227-1200.zip

• Upvote 1