Blacklisted USB drive after upgrade to 6.9

Hi guys 4 months ago or so i changed flash drive in my server after i suspected it went haywire, and changed to a new drive (so i thought i did) anyways i've been running fine since august and just upgraded to 6.9 and its triggered only now 4 months later that my drive is blacklisted... it has been rebooted/ moved everything in this time never been an issue.
This has really buggered me as of course i don't have the other drive anywhere after 4 months thinking everything was fine, and i can't update it online as i did 4 months ago. now i'm stuck without a server with services that need to run.

How do i proceed?

7 minutes ago, trurl said:

Did you transfer your license to the new flash? Does the new flash have a unique GUID?

it's a bit odd but basically i'm using flash drive 'A'
4 months ago i suspected it was having issues to i transferred the license to drive 'B' (which is what the license GUID is showing)
but i left the server for a while and when i got it out to recommission it, i plugged in drive 'A' and everything worked like normal from then until just now, after upgrading to 6.9 unraid UI is now showing blacklisted and i cannot start my array.

I realise the drive was technically blacklisted this whole time, but i'm rather annoyed it took unraid 4 months to make it an issue and only after an upgrade, as in that 4 months i now no longer have drive 'B' which has the license attached to it. and of course i can't change it online

Just now, itimpi said:

If you no longer have the licensed drive then technically you no longer have a valid licence!  

The most recent blacklist is baked into each new UnRAID release which is why your drive stopped working when you upgraded.

yeah i would have though in the multiple bootups and version checks it would tell me though. probably something to be implemented in to unraid as now i'm without a server until the gods give me an email reply.

if it told me when i first booted drive was invalid would have been much easier to grab the other drive 4 months ago than deal with it now lol. check upon bootup would be easy enough to implement i can imagine

When you perform a license transfer the old USB drive GID is added to the blacklist built into future versions of Unraid (I cannot change the current version as that version has already been released with a blacklist which does not include your old USB).

Therefore the blacklist actually only takes effect when you update to a newer version of Unraid.