Insanely slow mover

oliver

I have 38GB in my cache.  

According to my array stats, data is being written at about 31MB/s. It varies but that's roughly the average.

8XZLsUy.png

According to this calculator, it should take half an hour or so to move this much data at the rate above. After 2 hours, it's only moved 4 gb.

What's the point of a cache drive if mover is this slow?

nas-diagnostics-20201227-0859.zip

Edited by oliver
5 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

What are the files you are moving ?

In general, large files move quickly (full speed) while small files are very slow.

If you post your diagnostics in your next post, people can check if there are abnormal things been logged.

They are several very large files.  I've attached diags to the original post.  

I've read some more and have a better understanding why this is happening. I looked at the APP for Turbo Write Schedule and that looks interesting. But as the Mover is doing its work at midnight on this might not be an issue for me. Its only when I'm doing an intentional move that it becomes an issue. Thanks for the reply.

Jay

• 1 year later...
On 12/27/2020 at 7:44 AM, oliver said:

I have 38GB in my cache.  

According to my array stats, data is being written at about 31MB/s. It varies but that's roughly the average.

8XZLsUy.png

According to this calculator, it should take half an hour or so to move this much data at the rate above. After 2 hours, it's only moved 4 gb.

What's the point of a cache drive if mover is this slow?

nas-diagnostics-20201227-0859.zip 133.4 kB · 4 downloads

How do you get reads and writes in MB/S to show?

Thanks

I started mover, but that will take a week. Is it safe to reboot and tro to move files with unbalance instead?

I just wanted to swap out the the 256 GB SSD witg a NVME but it did make a pool. I just hoped it did a mirror and i could remove the old one, but wasnt possible.

image.thumb.png.902701ef116601bc9078a4796c2f24da.png

I just rebooted the array and hoped for the best. Going so much faster with unbalance in turbo write mode

Skjermbilde 2022-07-21 232524.png

Edited by ajugland
Found a solution
  • 1 month later...