Unraid Server does not show on network after mbbo/cpu upgrade

ap2218

Hi everyone,

-I have been using unraid now for a couple years with absolutely no issues.

-I started with an h110m and i3-6100, (no issues)

-then moved to b450 and ryzen 3200g. (no issues after hw change, no re configuring)

-Last week I put a MSI b460 Torpedo motherboard and an i5-10400 in the system (this is where the trouble starts)

Unraid will boot just fine from the USB and goes through the entire boot process until it shows my IP address. However I cannot see it at all on my network. I am not able to get to the web UI at all. The IP address and configuration are all the same i'm not sure what to do.

I would appreciate any help I can get.

8 minutes ago, ap2218 said:

Unraid will boot just fine from the USB and goes through the entire boot process until it shows my IP address. However I cannot see it at all on my network. I am not able to get to the web UI at all. The IP address and configuration are all the same i'm not sure what to do.

You need to load the 6.9.0 RC2 (latest) version of unRAID as that is required in order to have drivers for the NIC on your new motherboard; Realtek 8125B.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

You need to load the 6.9.0 RC2 (latest) version of unRAID as that is required in order to have drivers for the NIC on your new motherboard; Realtek 8125B.

When I navigate to the download section I can only see the stable release which is the 6.8.3
Are you able to point me in the right direction.

Many thanks!

10 minutes ago, ap2218 said:

When I navigate to the download section I can only see the stable release which is the 6.8.3

Change to the Next branch in Tools --> Update OS.  The 6.9.0 release candidate version will then show as an option to download and install.

image.thumb.png.e47743dd94ac4f824c0f1febefd171ce.png

Of course, that is a problem since you don't have a working NIC/Internet connection from the server  :)

Edited by Hoopster
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, ap2218 said:

Are you able to point me in the right direction.

Do you happen to have a PCIe NIC you could install temporarily in order to get the RC version downloaded?

You can also download the USB Creator Tool and create a new (temporary) flash drive with the Next Branch 6.9.0 RC2 from the tool and copy over the bz* files to current flash, or, you could backup the config folder from the flash drive, create the flash again with the creator tool using the RC2 version and then copy the config folder back to the flash drive.

Edited by Hoopster
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, Hoopster said:

Do you happen to have a PCIe NIC you could install temporarily in order to get the RC version downloaded?

You can also download the USB Creator Tool and create a new (temporary) flash drive with the Next Branch 6.9.0 RC2 from the tool and copy over the bz* files to current flash, or, you could backup the config folder from the flash drive, create the flash again with the creator tool using the RC2 version and then copy the config folder back to the flash drive.

Since I am unable to get into the UI at all I will try to create a new USB with the installer and copy my config back over. I will report back asap!

16 hours ago, Hoopster said:

IT WORKED THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2020 at 2:20 PM, ap2218 said:

IT WORKED THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I'm having the same issue as you, I just bought the exact same motherboard. I did the update to 6.9.0 RC2 and got the network issue fixed, but for some reason I can't get the GUI (Web UI) mode to work. I just get a blinking underscore. Did you have a similar issue?

9 minutes ago, dansushi said:

I'm having the same issue as you, I just bought the exact same motherboard. I did the update to 6.9.0 RC2 and got the network issue fixed, but for some reason I can't get the GUI (Web UI) mode to work. I just get a blinking underscore. Did you have a similar issue?

Give your network equipment a reboot, and make sure if you had setup DHCP reservation that you also updated the MAC address for the new mobo/nic.

5 minutes ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Give your network equipment a reboot, and make sure if you had setup DHCP reservation that you also updated the MAC address for the new mobo/nic.

I should have been more clear. I *am* able to get the Web UI to work from my other computers on my network. But I can't get it to work on the computer running UnRaid, it just shows the blinking cursor. I prefer to have the GUI on the UnRaid itself for troubleshooting purposes.

• 11 months later...