SSDs finally failing

Yeah so i guess my ssds are failing... i just ordered 2 new Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB, SATA

See the log.

I want to have redundancy again (thats why 2x 1TB)  

1. so lets say i move all my data from the ssd to my array.

2. swap the 2 ssds and move it back? did i forget anythign? 

I really wonder why unraid didnt said a single word to me (no notice, no email, no nothing) only thing i saw was that the drive suddenly showed under "unassigned devices"...???

I thought if a drive drops out, i get some notice?! System itself seems to run normal...

unraid-server-diagnostics-20201228-0533.zip

Edited by nuhll
Just now, nuhll said:

Do i need to reapply all the settings like port forwarding and directorys and such things?

All current settings of your docker containers will be maintained and they should reinstall exactly as they are now configured.  This includes all port, path and other configurations in the containers.

If you have port forwarding configured via a router, that is not impacted by recreating docker.img and reinstalling containers.

4 minutes ago, nuhll said:

i guess it dont include apps not installed or maintained via apps plugin... like i had some stacked ones (what ever it is called)... searching backup

The config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user folder on the flash drive contains the xml files that are used to recreate the docker containers with current settings.  If what you need is not there, it cannot be fully restored through Previous Apps.

I dont get it.

I really want to have it back running before my drives appear in 2-3 days.

The repair scrub run thru perfectly.

I cant even unzip the freaking backup.

root@Unraid-Server:/mnt/user/Privat/Backup Unraid/Appdata/[email protected]# tar -xvzf CA_backup.tar.gz -C /mnt/user/Privat/Backup Unraid/Appdata/[email protected]/test

Dec 28 07:18:51 Unraid-Server kernel: BTRFS error (device loop3): bad tree block start, want 206143488 have 0

???

The files should be on the array, not on the cache... im getting worried...?

unraid-server-diagnostics-20201228-0718.zip

Edited by nuhll
16 minutes ago, nuhll said:

Dec 28 07:18:51 Unraid-Server kernel: BTRFS error (device loop3): bad tree block start, want 206143488 have 0

Your syslog shows a lot of BTRFS errors. Scrub can help with some but not all errors in cache pools.

I am not an expert on filesystem repair, especially with BTRFS.  @JorgeB would be the best resource for guiding you through repairing the BTRFS filesystem; however, you can start by reading through the BTRFS section of the File System Repair wiki page.

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

Run another scrub and post the output.

Okay, its no longer working?

UUID: 57216013-66b0-4677-b3f5-72d9d12e63df

Scrub started: Mon Dec 28 12:23:56 2020

Duration: 0:00:00

Total to scrub: 417.16GiB

Rate: 0.00B/s

Error summary: no errors found

But why is access to 

root@Unraid-Server:/mnt/user/Privat/Backup Unraid/Appdata/[email protected]# tar -xvzf CA_backup.tar.gz -C /mnt/user/Privat/Backup Unraid/Appdata/[email protected]/test

not correctly working? is my array okay?

34 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Apparently not, docker image is corrupt again, but because there are still issue with the pool filesystem, best bet is to backup and re-format the pool.

Okay, whats the best way to do it?

Set caches to no and run mover?

in worst case i should have backups of everything (but on array)

btw one of the drives is showing now under unassigned drives... xD

1.png

What i dont get is also, why the hell unraid didnt notice me? I still didnt got a single report (like this red or yellow warnings, not a single mail) and effectivley i lost all dockers and VM.. and no notice... its crazy.

When i set everything to cache no and run mover, then i could try to repair docker.img? and when i have the 2 ssds in place i could just set it to cache and move, right?

Whats the best way to recreate the docker.img, its relativly hard to go thru all of my every installed dockers... and search for the correct ones... (with similiar names and such)

Edited by nuhll

Script location: /tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/Move Array Only/script
Note that closing this window will abort the execution of this script
Share system set to be array-only, but files exist on the cache drive. Moving the files. Depending upon the size and number of files, this may take a bit
rsync: [Receiver] mkdir "/mnt/user0/system" failed: No medium found (123)
rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at main.c(784) [Receiver=3.2.3]
Errors Occurred: Error in file I/O
Errors Occurred In The Copying

??? other shares worked so far

Edited by nuhll
2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Thanks for the link.

Its sad that its so user unfriendly. I mean i can do it. But when i think someone who doesnt know so much about technical stuff has that problem... and also its very time consuming. 

Also i dont really understand the whole princip, didnt i used 2 ssds so i dont lose anyhting? how the f is my docker.img then suddenly broken??? It wasnt touched for months.

Bad exp. and this time it isnt my fault. :(

Edited by nuhll

I cant get it to work. While i have some dockers back up running only half of config is there, like hydra only has half of its indexers (WHAT THE F???) I dont get it.

Doesnt ca auto backup backup everything? How can i know if its correctly run from array instead of from ssds? I dont see any errors anymore, but literally everything seems broken... 

What did i do wrong? Why i have 2 ssds in "parity" when its not working? Why i do backups everyday when the backups dont help? Im really sad and confused right now. Can i maybe pay you so you look at my server? (when my ssds are installed?)

Edited by nuhll

I didnt recover anything? Were not talked about that. It doesnt seem that anything is lost. besides the docker.img which i deleted........ if i trust dhl my drives comes tomorrow.

I literally just set the shares to no, let it move, and then tried to get everything back and running.

This is by far the worst exp with unraid, im so sad.

It literally seems like docker.img doesnt get backuped "because its too easy to recover that" (im so angry) Its not easy and all my "compose docker" seems to be LOST. Thats literally work of months removed (websites)

Container wird entfernt: hydra2

Der Container wurde erfolgreich entfernt 'hydra2'

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='hydra2' -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '5076:5076/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/downloads':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/hydra2':'/config':'rw' --restart=unless-stopped --network=filesharing 'linuxserver/nzbhydra2'

e517f12fd423f2a9c3ec560e637967d5fbe29f6ee4c4cbbf4649299debb8d21a
docker: Error response from daemon: network filesharing not found.

Der Befehl ist fehlgeschlagen.

??? ??? ???

Okay i couild fix that by adding that network. Its so easy to recover... not.

Edited by nuhll

OMG!!!! I GOT MY COMPOSE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I coulnt find portainer in the "latest apps" section so i searched it and it was already installed (?) and there was all my compose and i just needed to click "update stack"... 

Some websites still dont work and i dont know why, but atleast tehy somewhat back.

I dont know how, but it worked. omfg.

Edited by nuhll
  • 2 weeks later...

So this getting more and more annyoing and not understandable!

Ive switched 2 ssds and created 2 cache pools.

1 for downloads (incoming)

and

1 for docker and vm

Now im getting:

Unraid-Server kernel: BTRFS error (device loop2): parent transid verify failed on 852328448 wanted 67958 found 67816

Ive googled and found out youre suggesting to recreate docker.img... ???

What is wrong with my system / unraid?

Please i need help.

Ill restart now.

unraid-server-diagnostics-20210106-1354.zip

Edited by nuhll