PNY S-Cure 5 Port SATA Controller: Does not work

hotdog453

I bought the following card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816110002

HDDs showed up in the card's BIOS, but not in UnRaid.

I didn't honestly expect it to, but at 40 bucks I figured it was worth a shot.

So to anyone else pondering this card, it doesn't work. At least it did not for me.

Just a heads up :D

What chipset does it use?  Is the chipset supported under Linux.  If so, Tom had added drivers as new hardware is identified that was supported.  Drop him an e-mail... who knows, it might work yet.

Joe L.

Chipset wise, the maker of it is dead in the water; they stopped making it awhile back.

Supposedly it works out of the box with Ubuntu 7.04, according to a comment on Newegg. The driver disc did not come with any Linux drivers. The only reference to an actual chipset it uses, I believe, is the "nc5000".

I may toss him an email later. With the price so low, I bet a lot of people may be debating buying them, and it might be worth it to add support, if applicable.

I already ordered a replacement, a known-to-work replacement, heh, so I could even mail it to him if he needed it :D

Chipset wise, the maker of it is dead in the water; they stopped making it awhile back.

Supposedly it works out of the box with Ubuntu 7.04, according to a comment on Newegg. The driver disc did not come with any Linux drivers. The only reference to an actual chipset it uses, I believe, is the "nc5000".

I may toss him an email later. With the price so low, I bet a lot of people may be debating buying them, and it might be worth it to add support, if applicable.

I already ordered a replacement, a known-to-work replacement, heh, so I could even mail it to him if he needed it :D

The "nc5000" is Netcell "Revolution".  If you still want to try to use that card, I'll try to get the driver into the next beta build (4.3-beta1).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived